• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yellow paint.....why?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess: looks to be that those are components that should have "NO STEP" stenciled on them. Perhaps the operator spray painted them yellow to prevent some klutz from stepping somewhere he shouldn't when the hood is up.

tm america

looks like they painted the places where they changed filters like a simple little dot wouldnt have done the job.either that or they messed up and ordered to much yellow paint and didnt want to pay to have it disposed of properly:roll:

davidkroberts

nothing a can of spray paint cant fix. believe me it could have been much worse. some goofball painted my entire truck that color. dont have a good reason someone would do that to yours, just wanted to i guess.

Attachments

datsunaholic

Maybe it was a Navy truck. In the Navy we painted everything based on the purpose- Lube oil systems were yellow, fuel systems were purple (because we used JP5), cooling water (freshwater) were blue, and raw water were green. I had a Chief who insisted we do the same with the small boats (including a factory-fresh, still under warranty Cummins B-series).

Of course, that pic doesn't really look like a systems identification paint, but more a spray job to cover rust.

EulaVFD#620

Its a fire truck and painted that color for visibility. If that truck was to be used on an airfield FAA requires it be painted that color to pass inspection.
Fortunately this truck goes no where near an airfield, it is a heavy brush fire truck. we use it in areas where the smaller trucks don't have the brute force or weight to get to, so we use it as a bulldozer/fire truck.

620 out

BMCUSNAVY

Ahhh come on datsunaholic...... all us Chiefs weren't that bad lol lol lol...... But as a tugmaster & combat crewman...... yessss.... the piping was painted accordingly... lol lol lol

Wayne

datsunaholic

Ahhh come on datsunaholic...... all us Chiefs weren't that bad lol lol lol...... But as a tugmaster & combat crewman...... yessss.... the piping was painted accordingly... lol lol lol

Wayne

Now that I think about it, he was a 1st Class when he had us paint the boat engines.

When he was a Chief he had us touch up everything when the paint got chipped... which was all the time, due to the PMS system's insistence on taking perfectly good, working equipment apart and making it broken, not working equipment. Like checking valve lash quarterly on an engine that got, at best, 10 hours runtime annually.

I'll have to say that a multicolored Westerbeke in a Motorwhaleboat got the INSURV inspector's attention.

BMCUSNAVY

Lol lol lol...... I had twin 8-71 Detroit Diesels on the 65' EODSC that I was in charge of. An according to the PMS schedule we had to replace the oil in the ME's even thou it had minimal hrs. Wish I had the deuce then... lol lol lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks