• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yes another M101A2 question!

odontia32m

Got one home from Gov Liq. The master cylinder cap is the mushroom type and has a hole on the side, that is rusted.

I have the TM but it does not address this side hole on the mushroom type. I understand it is a vented system.

Any input is appreciated. The fluid appears clean.

KsM715

I have heard that. I dont believe that cap is vented though. I could be wrong. There have been a few scrap trailers coming out in lots of 3. There are surely some parts that will hit the classifieds soon. I may even have a cap here shortly. I dont know if the trailer I'm getting will be keeping the brakes or not. If your not in a big hurry I will know in a week or 2

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brake Surge parts

Try Croft Trailer for all the Surge Brake Parts. I found them the cheapest and extremely easy to deal with and their telephone customer service is top notch. They had everything I need to rebuild mine in stock.

The m101a2 & m101a3 use a toledo balcrank A frame surge unit model number TA6-R

Try this link:
Shop Croft - Couplers, Tow Rings & Pintle Hooks - Surge Brake Actuators - Surge Brake Actuator Replacement Parts - Balcrank Toledo Surge Brake Actuator Parts - Croft Trailer Supply

blybrook

The CJ-5 cap is a direct replacement and it is vented by 2 small holes in the side of the flat ends. You may have a hard time getting just the cap from your local parts house; I went with a full master cylinder replacement to get a spare cap (needed to change the master anyway).

Croft has them as well and they look closer to original. Their website was being worked on when I last ordered, they may have it running now; but the folks on the phone were great to work with.

odontia32m

Try Croft Trailer for all the Surge Brake Parts. I found them the cheapest and extremely easy to deal with and their telephone customer service is top notch. They had everything I need to rebuild mine in stock.

The m101a2 & m101a3 use a toledo balcrank A frame surge unit model number TA6-R

Try this link:
Shop Croft - Couplers, Tow Rings & Pintle Hooks - Surge Brake Actuators - Surge Brake Actuator Replacement Parts - Balcrank Toledo Surge Brake Actuator Parts - Croft Trailer Supply

I called them and they were really no help. I could not find the data they requested and telling them TA6-r was no help.

Hydro Act Brake actuator pat pending toledo ohio is all I found on it.

The cap is a mushroom kinda like a bearing hub. The suggested this when told TA6-r .

It is just a plug, does it matter? 16500 --- Balcrank Toledo Actuator Metal Filler Cap - Croft Trailer Supply

Thanks in advance guys.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cap

That is correct as croft has it in metal or plastic with a hexagonal head. It is the same thread. Works just the same as the mushroom

One of my101a2 had the mushroom and another had the metal hex cap. they work the same and have a very small vent to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks