• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yes or no camper top

Bigbondo007

Given to me yesterday, sold at the dealer mounted on the truck in 84 and taken off last week. Has screened windows. Just not sure it's found its forever home on the 1028 vs a s250 shelter. Need some opinions please.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bigbondo007

I threw it on because it was free. Want to go with an s250 shelter and convert to a camper. Just wondering what your thoughts are

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it. I've seen several different types of shells come out of GL over the years on CUCVs. Both the steel toppers I have are GL or DLA surplus. Do you plan to keep the S250 on the truck all the time? If not, these glass toppers are easy on and off and having an enclosed bed can be pretty handy.

Bigbondo007

I've caught hell all day long for having this thing on my truck. Everyone keeps telling me the s250 would look better

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, necessity is the mother of invention. I guess that's why all the CUCVs that were released with shells on them had them. The men and women utilizing them saw an operational need. That's why I asked what your need was.
Function preceeds form.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As much as your truck looks like a regular civilian truck, I would leave it.
Just paint it.

It looks fine and free is always good

CUCVGirl

I love it! Personally I would paint to match. But I like making my cucv’s pretty :) I was looking to put one on just like it. And an s250

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks