• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yesterday started fine. Now slow start

redrocket78

So yesterday I turned the AC switch on and the truck fires right up. Today the truck turns over for almost 20 seconds and then starts right up. ( 71 M35A2 multi fuel) Did some crawling around the truck and it seems once the truck is shut off you can hear the fuel pouring back into the tank. I checked all the lines and fittings and there is no moisture or loose fittings I can find in the fuel system. If I turn the AC switch to the on position and give the fuel pump a few seconds then the truck fires right up.
So the question is. Is there a check valve in the tank that could be malfunctioning or is there something else I'm not thinking of. I am a total newb when it comes to MV's but very mechanically inclined. Perhaps the fuel pump seal or something.
Thanks in advance.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're new so I'll do you a favor and move this thread to the proper location (The Deuce forum). If you put it in the right spot you'll get much better exposure and better responses to your question.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Florida.

Let the electric pump run for a few seconds before you crank it. If it sits for a few weeks you can push the accelerator down a little while you crank to make it start easier. Let off the accelerator when it starts so you don't rev the engine before the oil pressure comes up.

It's all in the TM.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my trucks will start up immediately whether it sits for ten minutes or ten months the other I have to push the pedal down and crank for as much as 15 seconds.

197thhhc

I would replace your filters if you haven't yet. You need to anyway. You also may want to check the hose on the intank pump. They can crack and leak or loosen up. This is sometimes a warning the hose is about to tear loose. and that will leave you stranded somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks