• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet Another Air Wipers Thread

Jinx

I searched and couldn't find the answer for this.

Having tested my wipers for the first time yesterday, I noticed a significant amount of air leaking around the gasket on the left side of the passenger wiper motor. After tightening down the 8 or so screws around the gasket, the wiper no longer moves at all, no matter how much I turn up the air pressure. Are these screws supposed to be tight or do they need slack to allow the air to pass?

The only way to get it to work is to loosen the 8 screws around the gasket, but this causes air loss around the gasket and the wiper tends to fall down while I'm driving my deuce. I'm guessing the vent tube (the one that's turned up towards the windshield) is blocked up with dust/dirt since there doesn't seem to be any air coming from it. Does this sound right?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would unplug the exaust hole, then it should work. When you stopped the leaky gasket the air had nowhere to go so it wouldn't work.

saddamsnightmare

May 24th, 2009.

Dear Jinx:

The bent back tube on the left hand end of the air wiper is the exhaust. Cover the one up on your working wiper and it will stop too! I suspect some little critters decide to plug up your vent for you, so get the ol' wire out and hop to it!:-D

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

Jinx

I tightened up all the screws nice and snug, then turned on the air. Nothing was moving so I jammed a wire down the exhaust tube. Little by little dust and crud blew out of the tube and suddenly the wiper started working extremely fast. A lot faster than the driver's side wiper motor. I did the same thing to the other motor and a bunch of crude came out of that tube as well. Now both wipers work flawlessly! Woot!

Jinx

Okay, there's one minor flaw. The passenger side wiper runs faster than the driver's side. Is the screw above the exhaust tube for adjusting the air pressure? I'd like to synchronize them a bit more.

I could install some kind of adjustable valve in the air hose to the passenger wiper...

Jinx

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra-POIjqWrM[/media]
YouTube - M35A2 Windshield Wiper Test

So yeah, the driver's side wiper is slower. It still seems to gum up after sitting for awhile. I've taken it apart but couldn't find a blockage. I think I will replace the motor to be on the safe side. I'd hate to get stuck in rain only to find out my wiper has gummed up again.

datsunaholic

If it's any consolation my Driver's side wiper runs slower than the passenger side as well. It actually gets painfully slow the longer it runs, though closing and reopening the valve makes it speed up. Kind of repetative always opening and closing the valve.

Reactions: 95B
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks