• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

yet another Coleman's run - need anything?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to the famous "Yard of the Wandering Bulldozers" in PA. Need anything there? Can deliver to Jim Thorpe, possibly MTA, and Aberdeen.

Attachments

OLDCHEV4X4

Bring your snow shoe's Mike.
Last time I was there, they tore down the building behind the shop, and were building a climate controlled building to store new surplus, so they could sell it back to the gubamint.
The old building had all kinds of cool machine tools in it, John said they all got scraped.
Still looking for a adjustable m101 landing leg if you see one.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trip to Coleman's is delayed to at least Monday, due to personal schedule reasons. Plenty more time for those looking for stuff to post their needs here.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anybody needs one they have a heck of a price on deuce snatch blocks. I got one that looks like it had been in storage for about 100 years but it had never been used and works great.

number9

I read of these trips to MV boneyards and think maybe we should do a SS Boneyard run sometime. A bunch of us load up and convoy to one and get a bunch of stuff we need / want.

I'd like to have a boarding ladder, an extra pintle hook for the front bumper maybe, maybe some winch bumper extensions, long bumper steps, driving / fog lights of some sort, springer seat, passenger seat back, tool / storage box that would work in place of the pioneer tool rack, a few riveted Deuce wheels, fuel can mounts, scrap wiring harness of some sort for parts, I'd just like to comb through one looking for stuff I may not need but could use for something.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back, 7 hours of driving today. Ugh!

Picked up 2 boarding ladders (1 steel, 1 aluminum), a HMMWV seat, a MBU v3 unit, a optical tripod of some sort, a couple pintle hitches, piles of cargo bed tiedown brackets, and a Marsh 1" stencil machine. Plus piles of little stuff. Overall a good haul for the day, couldn't fit more in the truck.

sorry, no towbars, I look everytime but no dice yet.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the pictures I took there, not a whole lot of photos that I haven't taken pics of before, but here you go.

Pics 1&2: CUCV pickup and M880s sitting idle, rusting away until someone rescues them....
Pic 3: Very nice 5-ton sitting right up front, completely gone over and waiting for a buyer.
Pic 4: Bulldozed pile of gensets behind the new building. What a shame....
Pic 5: Need a medical chest? Not sure how many in this pile, but it's a lot...
Pic 6: Container of convoy light bolts, U-bolts, data plates, brackets, etc. Need to pick this one up eventually....
Pic 7: Very heavy lifting blocks. Not sure what they were for, but man the load they could handle is HEAVY.
Pic 8: I'm an American Picker and this is how we roll. Loaded down to the axles and very cramped with my saves....

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pics of things I snagged from Colemans, after they got back home. A lot of this will end up in the SS Classifieds soon, my main effort is to save things, even if I don't need them myself.

Attachments

Got the pictures I took there, not a whole lot of photos that I haven't taken pics of before, but here you go.

Pic 7: Very heavy lifting blocks. Not sure what they were for, but man the load they could handle is HEAVY.
they look like the ones that go on the M88 recovery vehicles.....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on going back next week to get more stuff. Will snag it then. I might have to sort it out first, there is a lot of rusted bolts in the bottom that are nothing more than scrap. Only the stuff on top has survived since it's not in the wet bottom of the container.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hang onto the torque multiplier (pic 2) and the bench vise (pic 7), MBU in pics 11 &12 is the newer type, but missing the filler cap. Vise is probably off a wrecker IMHO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks