• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

yet another engine issue

seniqsurfer

I've had a few different plans for it, just never really have the time. someone is stopping by tomorrow to take a look at it. I'm not exactly a diesel guru so I'll watch and learn as he trouble shoots different issues. I'm done messing with it for the day. After adding diesel kleen it refuses to idle at all. After getting irritated I decided it a better idea that I leave it alone before I set it on fire and roll it into the gulf. More to come tomorrow when I'm a bit more level headed and calm.

rsh4364

Wise choice,I know what you are going thru,mine sat dormant for 6 months a while back because of runaway starter issue and burned up wireing harness,I loved the truck but felt overwhelmed. Once you get it figured out you will want another one.....

southdave

some though addictives are solvents and make a snot like, esp. the fuguscide.. You have been slimed lol.. If you still have you old filter hacksaw it open see what you have.you fuel pump just might be out and your sucking air around fuel filter ect.. filter will load up and then demand will outstrip Ip abilty to suck fuel.. It what happen to both my cucv, the fix was electic and spin on filter

seniqsurfer

While at the museum we located a surplus 6.2 engine (in a steel transport can not a crate). I pulled the injection pump, injectors, houses that link the injectors, and all 8 fuel lines. I will probably start replacing parts starting with the injectors, then start it. Then replace the injection pump and start it. If it's one of those components I should figure it out when I start it each time. Once I get it running again I'm probably going to post it for sale, so if anyone is interested pm me.

rsh4364

Sounds like you have a good plan on fuel system but don't stop yet.drop tank replace filter sock,verify fuel press at filter,maybe replace lift pump.I gurantee if you get it running right you will love the truck.I went spin on fuel filt. and electric pump,helped a lot.

Last edited: