• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another horror story about Creekside (OH)

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
It wouldn't be so bad if they (GL) promptly refunded your money for missing/stolen items. . .

BUT THEY DON'T. . .

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks drgreg,

I didn't know you could actually sell ones you had left over :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:.

If i actually had mine, maybe I could have made a few bucks???

hdexpert

I've had nothing but bad dealings with creekside lately. My last two lots were shorted big time with GL wanting to do nothing to help. Last Monday things got quite heated between the new Creekside boss and I. Let's just say I have very little hope thing's will get better any time soon. I've sent e-mails to everyone I could think of to get rid of these clowns, let's hope it works!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note to self, Don't bid at Grayling or Creekside for sure. Others, bid at your own peril.

citizensoldier

I see every day, I really think some of you would be very shocked if you saw what was going to scrap. It is the easy way.
Also, on that note, DRMO here at MCAS Cherry Point, and Camp Lejuene, has even started giving away funiture. Just about all the nice wall lockers, desks that were being turned in were being scrapped. There was a mountain of barracks furniture here. They could not keep up with it. So, they ran ads here on the base, on a Saturday, they would open up DRMO, and the barracks stuff was free...just haul it off. We can not scrap it fast enough.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
I rather see it all scrapped if the tax payer is getting there moneys worth. I would think they would get more bang for our bucks by selling DIRECTLY to the public and cut out the corrupt middle man. We are footing the larger part of the bill for GL and they have no respect for the purchaser, property, or laws governing such things. Its all about making the big profits with skeleton crews. They have scrap contracts too and are making that money on top of the surplus sales. I would like to no just what they pay uncle sam for the scrap and the surplus.. I bet we would be shocked as hell how bad we are getting screwed and congress too.. For example the toilet seat issue of the past!
There are also ways of stopping the waste through congressional acts. How is it eco or financially friendly to our country and tax payers to not put it to good use?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
DRMO sales were direct to the public....the only disadvantage was that the items were sold in big lots. You might have to buy 30 deuces at one time, a big problem for the little guy.
That is how the major players got started (Memphis Equipment, etc.).
They were also sealed bid...you had no idea how prices were going and could not adjust your bid if needed.
Years ago at Fort Benning they had "walk in" sales. Once a month they would fill a large room with stuff and tag it. Active duty military had priority and you stood in line to get in.
If you found an item you wanted you pulled off half the tag and took it to the cashier.
You paid for the item and they brought it to you or loaded it if it was a biggie.
A lot of soldiers got good deals on furniture and other needed items at these sales.
There is no doubt that GL has got a sweetheart deal with this contract.
And now they have a store in Oklahoma City.

jpcj-7

Big surprise, they "lost" one of my skids, but after 3.5 hours of waiting around they found what they thought was the right one..... unbelievable

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jpcj-7 said:
Big surprise, they "lost" one of my skids, but after 3.5 hours of waiting around they found what they thought was the right one..... unbelievable
Congrats but the big question is, what they found, was it actually the right one; or is some other poor sap going to get shafted because of their incompetence??

ABN173

Years ago at Fort Benning they had "walk in" sales. Once a month they would fill a large room with stuff and tag it. Active duty military had priority and you stood in line to get in.
Wish I had been around for that, I did go to a DRMO auction at FT Stewart in the the early 90's and scored some furniture items. They had some large lots as you described but they had a a few small lots as well.

drdstny

Banned
DRMO sold online in small lots as recently as 2001; I have my 1427's right here. Lot of 4 pallets of 1400x20s for $222 out of Ft. Sill. I bought my M.A.N. through DRMO Hill AFB for $5,011, picked up at Dugway Proving Grounds. Bought a 40' electronics trailer through DRMO Hill AFB for $252, picked up in Tooele Army Depot.

Those are just the 1427's on my desk. In fact, if you look at the picture of my M.A.N. it still has the DRMO sticker in the window.

In fact, can't you still use DRMO/DRMS? DRMO

I would say the constraint is our addiction. I won't shop at a GL facility more than 1 tank of gas away anymore--learned that the hard way. I see stuff all the time, but in the course of actually bidding, I cull my wishlist down to 20-30 items. It gets up there to 2 or 3 hundred before I get sensible and evaluate the ones I can REALLY afford to bid on.

It is a lot easier on this end of the L48 though.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
maybe steel soldiers members should get together and make a bid for the contract when i comes up again.
That would not work. Then WE couldn't bid on anything. DRMS rules, DRMO and GL personal cannot bid on GL sales. Due to the fact they can influance the listings, etc. *mislabeled, wrong pictures, false info to keep the price low, hidding big $$$ items at the bottom of a box of crap, etc*

I'm sorry you didn't get your exhaust kits. I'd be madder than hell about it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks