• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet Another Ohio Newbie

tom2147

Hello from near St. Clairsville Ohio. Great site and tons of info! Purchased a Jeep Corp. M35A2 from a private seller and wow what a great truck! My son who is also a new member here "M35beastandahalf" or something like that, thinks our deuce is 1970 vintage going by info found on the data plate. It has the Hercules multi fuel turbo engine "non whistler"

Would love to know if there are any other site members local to us. Saw one guy is from Cambridge which isn't to far.

Well i guess that will do for now :grd:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speedemon is near you. Kip and Oilcan are west of you. Welcome.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. I'm probably the closest Ohio member to you. I'm from just outside of Quaker City.

We're finally getting a little group of SEO members rather than letting Cincy have all the people...LOL

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from SWO. We don't mind people from SEO, just Special Ed.

;-)

sw

LanceRobson

Welcome aboard.

If the data plates don't have a delivery date the closest you can get for it's year is from the DLA contract number and for some year ranges the serial number has the year embedded in it..

The 7th and 8th characters of the DLA contract number are the year in which the contract your truck was built under was let.

If you have a 1970 the serial number should tell what year the frame was designated for the particular model of truck. The truck could have been completed and delivered in a later year than the contract year or the year the frame was designated but its as close as we can get.

What's the serial number?

Lance

AGE|kshaufl

Welcome,

I am in Stow, Ohio. That is like an hour and a half north of you. My Mother in Law lives in West Alexander, PA which is like 1/2 an hour from you. Might bump :driver: into you on I-70 or Old 40.

tom2147

Thanks everyone! Lance just got home off the night shift will check the serial number ASAP.. Speddmon yes you are pretty close.. worked in Byesville way back when! AGE|kshaufl I have a good friend that lives in Stow :)

Anyone traveling Interstate 70 near the Ohio/WV border that finds themselves in need of help keep me in mind always willing to help when i can :)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should try to make it to the Haspin Rally in June. The dates are June 9th-12th. I'll more than likely be leaving my place Friday Morning and meeting up with a few members from Columbus to go the rest of the way out. It's a really fun time, and lots of great people. More information will be posted in the forum as the time draws near.

welcome from the Akron area ! i have alot of family in your area, and was last there for x-mas, so you may have even seen my M1010 cruising your streets, since i have friends in your town. must be nice to be that close to Powerline Park. i havent made it yet, but hope to at least once this year. i hear its a real good time. and if your into getting dirty, your real close to wellsville too. a few of my friends have just taken over the former Forbidden Zone campground there, and are busting their butts to make it a safe and respectable place, yet still a blast to go to!! hope to see you around soon!

tom2147

Hey there cyco! Been to Power Line Park many times... My son was there and witnessed this tragic accident. It really shook him up to say the least: Flushing man dies in freak accident - TimesLeaderOnline.com | News, Sports, Jobs and Community Info for Belmont County - Times Leader

Also been to Wellsville aka Yellow Creek several times. Thats cool friends of yours are working to make it a nice place!

Next time your down this way and want to get together let me know :) We have another place we like to hang out and play in the mud, with a very scenic old rail road tunnel thats worth seeing. However if your worried about scratching your truck then its not such a great place. Even saw another deuce there one day!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks