• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another transmission problem

wkbrdngsnw

Just so I can be like everybody else and have a transmission problem thread, here it is. Except mine is not the usual "my truck shifts too late" problem. It wouldn't shift at all.

On Monday it randomly just wouldn't shift so I had to drive home and get in my other truck. On tuesday I spent hours trying to figure out the problem. I tried moving vacuum lines and that did nothing because that was not the problem since it had vacuum at the modulator. Hitting it with a hammer also didn't help. Then I put it in low and found out it wouldn't shift at all, so it then had to be the governor. Today I took that out expecting a chewed up gear or obvious problem but it looked brand new and moved freely put it back in and it shifts. The only symptom it has now is a slight pause shifting 1-2 but other then that it is like it never happened. I'm not a tranmission guy but the two things that control it are working so where is the problem?????

motormayhem

I changed my injection pump, now the tranny shifts so smooth, you can not tell when it shifts, go figure.
That wont prevent it from even having first gear...unless the pump is so shot that the truck is making less than the 40hp needed to run the tranny and even then....

If you took the governor out and put it back in might have stuck in a funny place when it was parked and directed the fluid weird? I would take it to a shop and have them drive it and tell you whats up.