• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You buy, I fly. I'll drive it to you.

13F10

Was wondering if anyone was purchasing anything, and needed logistics issues worked out..

I'd be willing to drive your equipment to your home from where ever you purchase it.

Given a few variables.

1. It runs. Flying somewhere commercially with 1500lbs of tools to get a Non-running vehicle running, is ludacris.
2. Obviously there will be expenses..Airfare, fuel, and my lodging while enroute to your location with equipment, depending on the length of the trip.
These variables are negotiable.

I'm proposing this idea, since I've read alot of posts where either people convoy 2200 miles and incurr the expenses of 4x's the cost of fuel, and repairs enroute to recovery, or on the way home with both, or all MV's.

So instead of someone shuffling out the cost of fuel round trip for more than 1 MV to be recovered, it'd be minimized 1 way, with half the expenses. And half the relevant mechanical issues. Considering that generally most everything is attainable through Napa Parts Stores.

This would also allow as a first set of eyes and ears on-site to do a pre-lim PMCS and thorough inspection of the MV, prior to it arriving at your location.

I believe that GL MV's require a power of attorney for someone aside from auction winner to recover. Like I mentioned, it's doable, and feasable.

I am prior service U.S. Army, and have experience with the M35A2's, and Cucv's.

Any thoughts, gripes, comments?

Two-One-0-Four-0-0-Eight-Four-9-1

Brian
(Rabbit)
13f10

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that it's a paying gig, but the Alamo MVPA is always looking for extra drivers for local events (San Antonio, Austin, surrounding areas). Most of the active members have 2 or more vehicles but only 1 driver.

13F10

Not that it's a paying gig, but the Alamo MVPA is always looking for extra drivers for local events (San Antonio, Austin, surrounding areas). Most of the active members have 2 or more vehicles but only 1 driver.
mkcoen, do you have any contact info for them?

I'm just throwing my ability to drive anything out there, to see if I can help someone.

I'm sure it's not a feasable source of residual income, but if I can help someone get their MV, and maybe turn a small profit for myself as well as have some intresting experiences, it'd be worth it.

Not to mention it'd provide a opportunity to get a chance to meet some of you stand up characters! And maybe a chance to find a M35a2 deal of my own!

Simply because a 1989 Suburban just isn't big enough!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in both the Alamo and Lonestar MVPA chapters so I'll keep your information and if anything comes up I'll let you know. Like I said, it's generally not a paying gig. Someone might want to take 2 or 3 vehicles to a show and just be looking for someone willing to drive it over. Your payment would likely be the chance to get into the show for free (if it's a paid thing like the Monster Truck Jam) or just hang out with other MV enthusiasts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks