• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You guys are a bad influence

number9

I don't even have my Deuce yet but am thinking of singling it out with 395's. You all have corrupted me with these pics of yours. :drool:

I have a couple questions though.....

- Does singling the rears out put additional strain / leverage on the hub bearings?

- Can the axles fully articulate with 395's installed without rubbing on hard parts?

- I know the taller tires (46" tallest for stock Deuce, right?) give higher road speed / lower rpm's but being as heavy as they are how to they effect pulling power and braking performance?

- How well do the 395's wear? Do they live very long on pavement?

AndrewH

You are posting here. It is loo late to try to escape. Like a good dealer, you are hooked and will be back and you'll think it's YOUR idea! Oh yeah, The taller tires will have an effect on towing. you'll appear to have less "power". It will take longer to speed up. But unless your pulling a tank I don't think it will be a problem.

You know it is easy to plan on major changes to your Deuce, but when you get it, you just may love it as it is. It is quite a truck with a personality that can not be denied.
I hope this helps, the only way out is to buy more trucks.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Number9, the 395s are great in every aspect. On stock rims they rub on the steering bar attached to the pitman arm when you make a hard right turn. It isn't that bad, but I figured I'd tell you potential problems. Also, at full stuff, the fronts will hit the inner fenders.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Of course that would depend on your definition of "bad"....:wink:

In today's jargon...bad is good...ill is good...da chit is outstanding:roll:

It's all so confusing but thank you for the compliment:-D

number9

Number9, the 395s are great in every aspect. On stock rims they rub on the steering bar attached to the pitman arm when you make a hard right turn. It isn't that bad, but I figured I'd tell you potential problems. Also, at full stuff, the fronts will hit the inner fenders.
Okay, I don't like the sound of that. I wouldn't want to tear my fenders off over running 395's. Anyone ever get any fender damage from running them?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, its the inner fender(slight rub), and its not bad. I can take pics tomorrow if ya want. If you ever get to Cincinnati (exit 12 off I71) you can see for your self.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A word about tires on the trail (at the GA rally). My observation was that the big tires made only a negligible difference in off road performance on the trail. The only exception I noted was the deuce with dual 1100x20 'Stones. It seemed to walk everywhere the driver pointed it!

number9

Can anyone touch on these questions for me.......

- Does singling the rears out put additional strain / leverage on the hub bearings?

- I know the taller tires (46" tallest for stock Deuce, right?) give higher road speed / lower rpm's but being as heavy as they are how to they effect pulling power and braking performance?

- How well do the 395's wear? Do they live very long on pavement?

- Do certain 395's give better performance off road, on road, and tire life? Can you touch on which is which?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks