• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Your thoughts on this M211 please?

USMC 00-08

The truck will be mine the first part of February or earlier if I get all of the $500 together before then. :-D The current owner said that two additional rims came with it as well so I will have to find two more. He also thinks he has another carburator with it too.

He said that it is for sure still 24V and that it should start with little to no effort at all since he had it running last winter and it gave him no problems when he went to start it then.

I am still very new to these trucks. Is there anything that needs to be checked fluid level wise besides the obvious engine oil, tranny, diffrentials, brake fluid?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well as lists of fluids you use. If all works well on it, I plan on driving it about 15 miles and parking it at my uncles until I can get it up to where my M135 is.

Gunfreak25

Awesome deal! I agree, perfect restoration candidate as all it would need is a soft top and a regular M series cargo bed to be correct. The fact that it is still 24V is even better! If you ever decide to part with the Memphis hard top let me know! My 211 is topless :)

USMC 00-08

If you ever decide to part with the Memphis hard top let me know!

You have first dibbs on it. I eventually want to put the soft top back on. I didn't pay attention enough to see if it had everything still on it for the soft top or not. Will check in the next couple of months. Not sure how long it will be before I replace it if you are willing to wait.

Gunfreak25

I can wait however long you need me to. :D Funds are tight right now and I have no idea what you'd be asking for it. As far as parts for your M211, if you ever need any let me know. Since my M211 is not 100% original and never will be again there are certain parts I just don't need except "for show". I have the dash fording cap yours is missing and when it comes time for your soft top I'd be happy to give you my top bow and all 4 side skirts, although one skirt has a bullet hole in it. :cool: Yours looks to be missing the battery box hold downs (top pieces) that fit over the battery, I have 2 of them you could have as well. Even a spare shift tower and air cleaner assembly.

It would be tricky getting that hard top all the way to Arizona but where there's a will there's a way, I know good people all over the southern region. :grin:

Tom

USMC 00-08

Maybe we can do some trading then when the time comes. I understand funds being tight too. As for getting it to you, I have a pickup I could put it in. Maybe we could meet half way. If you live in Yuma, it looks like Gallup, NM is the halfway point.

Gunfreak25

And I know where you can get a complete soft top with tie down ropes for $200.

I know, I am buttering you up like a Sunday biscuit...

Keep in touch

Tom

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks