• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yukon hubs and Off Road Designs customer service problem.

WARWAG

So why is this ORD fault for a defective part from Yukon?
Yes ORD sold you the hubs, but I do not call Best Buy to trouble shoot my HP Laptop I bought from them; I call HP.

I have and friends have bought some of their custom made parts and had no issues with fit. My friend installed the high clearance engine crossmember and was a perfect fit, but took a little manipulation to get the last bolt on. Nothing a pry bar an C-Clap did not fix. Likely the frame had some tweak as it was a aggressive off-road K5, but did not need any customizing. I installed on my Suburban the steering gear box brace and it was a simple install and will likely add the engine crossmember soon as well.

So I am saying from personal experiences that ORD has good custom made parts, but I do not see how they can control the quality of over the counter parts like Yukon hubs.
So what your saying is that when you buy a part from NAPA and its defective you call the manufacturer in China to complain or trouble shoot it? Just so you know I called YUKON First. They are the ones that told me to call ORD.

ORD should back up what they sell. If they wont then they should not sell those items. Pretty simple. Thats called customer service. These are Brand New and used once. Once on a dirt two track with a 150 HP engine. They wont cover them because they know YUKON will just say they are in spec and leave them hanging for the cost of the replacement hubs. (That seems to be how YUKON or RANDY's RING AND PINION DOES BUSINESS) Thats why they want me to BUY another NEW SET of the EXACT SAME HUBS before they will ship them. So Lets just say I did that and those dont work? What then? Do I have to buy another set and have those sent back to YUKON? OR Lets say I buy that set and send my old set to YUKON. Then they say
"YUP THERE IN SPEC". Then Im out out over $1,000 bucks for a set of what should have been selectable hubs. Either way I am the consumer who is out much more than what I should be for a set of hubs. The main lesson that YOU should learn from this is to buy your parts from a dealer who is in your town right across from you sitting at a counter. That way you walk in and drop your $335 dollar chunk of steel on said counter and say replace these or better yet If its YUKON GARBAGE then say I want my money back.

As far as ORD having good custom made parts I would agree. I've purchased almost everything they sell more than once for this and another project vehicle. I even have one of there NP203/205 Doubler transfer cases. I was just getting ready to order there Magnum Box and new NP205 ($3300 with shipping). As I said earlier in this thread if you would have bothered reading it in full before posting is that I may have caught CHRIS at ORD on a bad day. That I said I could "over look". I have always had good customer service with them until that day. BUT YUKONS outright Lie is what really torqued me. They dont deserve a penny from me and wont get one from me here on out. I am still debating if I will purchase from ORD again. If so it will be through my local shop as I wont buy anything from them direct ever again. But I dont know at this point.

So after YOU have spent over $8,000 with a Off Road Designs and they wont cover a set of $335 hubs then come back to me and tell me how you feel.

Last edited:

K9Vic

WARWAG, I did read all the post and I stated my view on this subject about ORD. They are a small business, I would not expect the same level of returns like 4 Wheel Parts, but even they do not except returns on parts damaged during installation. Not saying that is the case, but I can see why Yukon wants to inspect the parts and why ORD wants to wait for that evaluation.

As someone have said, unless you are an aggressive off-road driver the WARN hubs will be fine. I have always changed over to the premium WARN and never had an issue going to the OHV park, even getting stuck in the mud above the hubs and the WARN later locked/unlocks without issue.

Triple C

K9Vic, I respect your standing up for ORD as a small business owner but as I see it, great customer service is about all the small business owner has over the big box and internet companies and it sure doesn't sound like ORD gave our op that. I for one would stay way from ORD and I passed that information on to my 4x4 buddies. If one wants to do all their own customer service, might as well get it as cheap as possible.

WARWAG

WARWAG, I did read all the post and I stated my view on this subject about ORD. They are a small business, I would not expect the same level of returns like 4 Wheel Parts, but even they do not except returns on parts damaged during installation. Not saying that is the case, but I can see why Yukon wants to inspect the parts and why ORD wants to wait for that evaluation.

As someone have said, unless you are an aggressive off-road driver the WARN hubs will be fine. I have always changed over to the premium WARN and never had an issue going to the OHV park, even getting stuck in the mud above the hubs and the WARN later locked/unlocks without issue.
K9Vic,
Damaged during installation? You would be hard pressed to damage these Hubs with a Nuclear Bomb. There made from Chromolly steel and stainless steel. The spacer is bronze. The spring is steel. How ANYONE could damage these units by installing them is beyond me. I sent SEVERAL pics to YUKON as they asked and NOTHING was damaged. They even assembled easily unlike some other post I read over at Pirate due to those having burrs on the splines. Mine do not have any burrs. If these were damage in any way by installation or "Extreme" use then this post would not exist. They are probably the strongest selectable hubs ever made. They make the WARN SUPER HUBS look weak. But these did not work as stated or advertised or at all period. Its a either a bad batch or a poor overly built design that needs refinement. Not sure how else I can get this across to you. Apparently some work and some don't (different batches?). Its a "KNOWN" issue and I happen to have the ones that don't work. They have the exact same problems known to YUKON that DON'T WORK. Anyway its done and over with. I posted facts. You decide how you want to spend your money and with whom. That is mainly what this post was about. I found a defective product and the seller and the manufacturer did not stand behind what they sell or produce. Now you know. You decide. You may get the latest and greatest design and be happy forever as I can tell you that these hubs if they actually worked would have lasted longer than ANYTHING else on my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks