• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zeeland Mich Step Into the Past

maxim

This past weekend Zeeland sponsored a Historical Time Line starting with the Revolutionary War to the present. Re-enactors, living historians or what ever you choose to call them, set up an example of a soldier field camp of the era for the public to come by and ask questions and learn about the soldier of that era. Along with this was a small but impressive line up MV's from WW2 to the present. There was even a Dutch DAK truck and US staff car. The Half Track, Staff car, Mule, and M-37 also made a showing in the afternoon parade along with about 30 re-enactors. The group and vehicles were well received. I represented the WW1 Doughboy so there was no opportunity to take some photos during the parade but here are a few from the static display.

Attachments

67Beast

The DAK is Pierre Jalving's and I'm sure a few others were his also. The M37 should have been Tom Curnicks as he is local to Zeeland. If it had a pin up girl named Hot Flash, then it was his. I just did that pin up decal for him a few weeks ago right after the Silver Lake Show. I wanted to go to this show, but instead ended up in Ohio at the inlaws with the wife and kids. :roll: