• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

zero rates and humvee tires

giterdunn

I just installed zero rates in the front and 37" humvee tires, now I have a terrible wobble above 30mph. It feels like more than unbalanced tires, the truck rocks back and forth diagonally. You think the zero rates could have the shocks overextended? If anybody has had this problem before I'd appreciate some help.

giterdunn

Old tires are already gone, but I drove it after the zero rates and before the 37's (33's on it then, could see the air in em haha) and it drove fine. Had the tires put on a NAPA I think they didn't balance em. There's weights on the inside but they look like my old weights.

taylorbsmith

Are you using the 2-piece hummer beadlock wheels. I ran into the same problem and my problem came from the 2" spacers I bought to mount the wheels to the hub. The spacers were not centered on the hub evenly. If you are using spacers I would check that first.

giterdunn

No just some aftermarket chrome wheels, they ran fine with the 33s. I'm beginning to think they just didn't balance em.

glassk

Before installing tire on inner rim half, inspect tire​
sidewalls for a “paint dot.” Paint dots are often painted on tires to indicatethe tire’s light spot, for balancing purposes. If paint dot is present, position tire on rim halves so that paint dot is aligned with
insert hole on outer rim half.

Whitfield

I balance my tires internally using the chart from Equal. They make a great drop in powder balance for commercial vehicle applications. This style system rebalances with each start and stop. This is similar to using BB's or (Beanie Baby style) Bulk Nylon craft pellets. This will not help a bad hub / wheel / worn out steering component, But it will help to balance a tire that is cupped or exhibits a bad wear pattern.

http://www.imiproducts.com/index.php/products/equal/

Attachments

Last edited:

prairie

I have Super Swamper LBT 34 10.50 with steel spoke wheels. I put a pack of balancing beads in each tire per the chart and once the bias flat spot rounds out after a few miles they don't shake a bit from 5-55 I was pretty impressed. 2centshttp://www.innovativebalancing.com/
I second the DynaBeads from Innovative Balancing. Have them in three rigs and love them. 1} 91 Chevy K2500 245/75R16 Treadwright Guard Dog retreads, 2} 84 CUCV M1008 (Chevy K30) 315/70/17 Treadwright Guard Dog retreads, 3} 05 Ford F550 4x4 set of six 245/70R19.5 Treadwright Claw MT retreads. The DynaBeads balance them all perfectly, near as I can tell.

On tires that are giving you problems to balance either with weights or beads, try both. Balance the tire with weights, then add 50-60% of the Dyna Beads recommended for that application. Have not needed to do this myself, but a couple of guys said it works well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks