• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zero Rates on Front of 1009?

My m1009 has a 4" lift in the front and a 4" shackle flip in the rear but the front sits noticeably lower than the rear. I also think it could benefit from moving the axel forward 1" so the tires don't rub as much. Has anyone added the zero rates up front and moved the axel forward on a m1009? My major concern is driveshaft length, any experience with that?

Westech

CPL
Yes I have and it works well... DO NOT move the axle. It does not work so well in the 09 with factory type steering. Just bolt in the block and new U bolts in the factory location.

richingalveston

it does not work forward with cross over high steer either. the pitman arm hits the tie rod. I had mine forward an inch and had to move it back. I have d60 and 14 bolt

Chaski

I have my axle pushed 1" forward on zero rates and shortened my drag link 1". It works OK for me but I only have about 2-2.5" lift. My front springs are flat, straight as an arrow and the draglink is very close to parallel with my springs, and even then it is less than ideal (I'm going to go crossover one of these days). I would be leery about moving the axle forward with any more lift and stock steering. As far as the driveshaft goes, it is OK, but again I am not running that much lift.

Rich mentioned that moving your axle forward will cause interference between a high steer tie rod and crossover pitman. I have had to deal with it on a friend’s M1008. ORD sells two different crossover pitman arms, a standard arm and a "high clearance" arm. In my experience the "high clearance" arm will clear ORD's high steer system with zero rates set in the 1” hole, the standard one will not. The "high clearance" arm may give you enough clearance if you ever run into that, but even then the "high clearance" is more like "squeaks by" running your axle 1" forward. The M1008 still runs a stock driveshaft, and I'm kind of amazed that it hasn't failed. The limiting factor for droop is your shocks, and if you are willing to sacrifice droop for going with a stock driveshaft it can be done. I have also seen people run spacers on their transfer case flange for the front driveshaft, it is a little dirty, but I'm not sure you will get in any trouble with the whopping horsepower of the 6.2. Don't quote me on it but I think the part number is Superlift 4310. Again I am not positive if that part number is correct for an NP208.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks