• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ThunderCracker. Just for the record, I will be at the Rally and will again have the pleasure of arriving with my Brother PB and his crew. I have had my cabin reservations since last December. :-D Also, it appears that you forgot a seal Swiss so here is my gift to you.

Seal.jpg

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ThunderCracker. Just for the record, I will be at the Rally and will again have the pleasure of arriving with my Brother PB and his crew. I have had my cabin reservations since last December. :-D Also, I appears that you forgot a seal Swiss so here is my gift to you.

View attachment 442635

Thank you for the gift, I was getting worried we had not heard from you in a few days! Must be kicking butt on your rebuild,:grd:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ThunderCracker. Just for the record, I will be at the Rally and will again have the pleasure of arriving with my Brother PB and his crew. I have had my cabin reservations since last December. :-D Also, I appears that you forgot a seal Swiss so here is my gift to you.

View attachment 442635
OK...wait...I'm gonna hafta run that seal by BabyBear for approval...the seal MAY not make it.:roll:

Attachments

zout

SO I cannot get youtube or any other type of video here at work to play so I did not see the clip of COUNT till he arrived last night giggly as a school girl and had the audactity to turn off my 97.1 Rock channel and show me - it was worth it to watch it and it fits him perfectly - now to get the decal of the COUNT on the hood of the CUCV.

You know if you take them seal kits and a razor blade -you can just about make a seal fit wether it belongs there or not - and the 3m glue makes it permanent anyhow. AHHH Swiss ya got some rubber left over !!!!!!

Will get all the seat framework laid out - fuel can holders and the rest of the little stuff and get it sprayed in black tonight. Unless that knucklehead comes over again tonight and turns off my radio again - then I will be busy breaking fingers instead :naner:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SO I cannot get youtube or any other type of video here at work to play so I did not see the clip of COUNT till he arrived last night giggly as a school girl and had the audactity to turn off my 97.1 Rock channel and show me - it was worth it to watch it and it fits him perfectly - now to get the decal of the COUNT on the hood of the CUCV.
I found some footage from last night went I went over to Commander Z's of the whole encounter on the security camera's. The Audacity :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmNcy4zZNU

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Swiss I thought we told you about wairing that little red dress of yours , and how do you get your hair to do that?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Swiss I thought we told you about wairing that little red dress of yours , and how do you get your hair to do that?
Could NOT be his hair, must be a wig, because his hair is going where mine has gone.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that Zout gets mad and ugly when you mess with his music...................

zout

It was actually a very hard day yesterday and I was more than stressed - it was a relief to get home and Swiss happened to be the fella on the other end of the stick while I just blew off steam in my own way - if you have ever seen them fellas that throw tools or throw a tantrum - I am not one of those and never have tossed anything besides my cookies (that was a joke).

I have a very distorted bizzare sence of humor - so feel sorry for Swiss.

Maybe this will help the COUNT count betterimages2.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How cool is that "Count with the Count Day" we are going to have to setup the "Count with the Count Day" on Saturday at the GA Rally!

We can all get in a line and count the trucks, tires, lights, wreckers, firewood, trees, blades of grass, dirt particles. I am so excited..

Then we will have a sing along to the "Count Song" by the campfire.

Last edited:

zout

^^^^ Yeah - you go ahead and have a great time doing that - I'll be watching you from afar off.

Topper installed and bolted in - rear tailgate window seals installed - all the interior components laid out - wiped down and I will get them sprayed tonight along with getting the front bumper and brush guard re-installed. Have a few BO light housings to get sprayed as well.

I have to get the CUCV pulled out from behind my M909 tires though - makes a great pretty wheel chock.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
^^^^ Yeah - you go ahead and have a great time doing that - I'll be watching you from afar off.
Topper installed and bolted in - rear tailgate window seals installed - all the interior components laid out - wiped down and I will get them sprayed tonight along with getting the front bumper and brush guard re-installed. Have a few BO light housings to get sprayed as well.
I have to get the CUCV pulled out from behind my M909 tires though - makes a great pretty wheel chock.
Just tell swiss the black tire marks from the M909 are part of his new camo pattern.:naner:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I know deep down you want to participate so I will give you a heads up so you can start practicing The Song of the Count, here are the words! We will practice next time I am over :)

You know that I am called the Count
Because I really love to count
I could sit and count all day
Sometimes I get carried away

I count slowly, slowly, slowly getting faster
Once I've started counting it's really hard to stop
Faster, faster. It is so exciting!
I could count forever, count until I drop

1! 2! 3! 4!
1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4

I count the spiders on the wall...
I count the cobwebs in the hall...
I count the candles on the shelf...
When I'm alone, I count myself!

I count slowly, slowly, slowly getting faster
Once I've started counting it's really hard to stop
Faster, faster. It is so exciting!
I could count forever, count until I drop

1! 2! 3! 4!
1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, I love counting!
That's the song of the Count!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The number and lettering was just completed for the CUCV and looks great. Big thanks to another David who did the work for me and also for PB's WC22. This was not an easy project with some of the complexity of the insignia of the 2nd Brigade 4th Infantry. I would highly recommend David to anyone looking for vinyl work or new letters. Link is below for his contact.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knowmoralitygraphix/358824130885967?ref=nf

The story behind the restoration of this truck is a tribute to my brother who died in an accident and his son, (my nephew) who was a Sargent in the 2nd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division in Operation Iraq Freedom and proudly served his country from 2004-2010.

Cam during his service was awarded the Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal with Valor, and the Order of Saint Maurice Medal and had lost no man under his command despite numerous combat engagements.

In May of 2006 when Cam’s unit was deployed on the front lines in North Iraq in a remote zone my brother had a construction accident. I was in Vegas at the time and the whole family flew in to Michigan while he was in the hospital in intensive care. We managed to get Cam back to the states within 3 days to say good bye to his father before we had to shut down life support. Those of you that have served will understand miracle of this happening in that amount of time.

I know that my brother sacrificed his life to get his son out of harm’s way during the week he was out of the war zone.

My truck carries Cam’s 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Brigade 4[SUP]th[/SUP] INF numbers to recognize his service and sacrifice to our country and honors my brother who is always riding beside us as the silent passenger.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

It's even got factory thether mounts on the front bumper .

zout

More (FWIW) the truck will be placed out in the SUN and the little bubbles in the side decals will be removed - do not send me a pm about pricking little holes in them I already know - Photo2540.jpgPhoto2541.jpgPhoto2542.jpgPhoto2543.jpgPhoto2544.jpgPhoto2545.jpgPhoto2546.jpgPhoto2547.jpgPhoto2548.jpgPhoto2549.jpg