• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay worked on the door panels today. They were mesed up by the previous owner with the wrong paint etc. I had to soak them in brakefluid to remove the paint. I wet sanded with 600 grit and then washed good. Steps below:

1.) Apply Brake Fluid
2.) Scrape scrub and more brake fluid
3.) Clean with SEM plastic clean
4.) Paint multiple coats with SEM Burgandy color

The color is dead on it just looks to bright in the pictures but I compared to the actual plastic on the back side and it is good. The panels took more sanding then I wanted as they were messed up but if you have good panels that have been previously painted it works. An older panel will come out perfect.

Pictures after cleaning and after painting

It takes one can of SEM burgandy to paint the 2 door panels, you will have a bit left over but if you are painting over a new aftermarket black panel plan on more than one can!

SEM #15063 Burgundy

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

YUP - this thread popping up again cause its NOT DONE.
I got Zout 2 to fire up the 5 ton and drive it to the top of the hill - also got Zout 2 to fire up the CUCV and roll her out to the open field so we could take some pictures and then leave it out side to bake in the Sun. Got a little more finish work done before it was rolled out. Sure wish my sisters were around so we could have gotten some thong pic's for Swiss - but I guess that was wishful thinking - they were too busy on other photo shoots to help out. Zout 2 wanted no part in participation of such an ordeal.
Photo2578.jpgPhoto2579.jpgPhoto2580.jpgPhoto2581.jpgPhoto2583.jpgPhoto2584.jpgPhoto2585.jpg

zout

PC - you should have seen the mud at the bottom of the driveway to the garage entrance - we have had so much rain all the mud washed off the power line into the entrance of the garage - but your right they were crappy looking. I was going to tell PB I would trade him Debs M38A1 for the CUCV he has minus the .50 fake gun - cradle belongs to CAMO anyhow. I was dealing with Ferro on a single wire generator and a set of tail lights and hoping to get these pretty quick so I can remove the regulator from the 38 and single wire it in and making the new mount for it so she can drive it. I believe the LF wheel bearing needs replaced as well - just gotta get this into the garage and get it opened up - also I have a gallon of fresh paint to get that Rapco crap off it. Its the same color as the M43B1.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Totally Awesome! Give Zout 2 a big thanks for helping out. Glad you mowed the grass under the powerlines before pictures :)

zout

Got the Black Out lights Swiss purchased installed - the housings got painted black - oooops - forgot to tell Swiss to tape up them new lenses before I sprayed them - looks like Swiss has some sanding to do to the new lenses.
Got the deuce and 1/2 pulled to the garage - chassis that is that Tigger is getting to get the gun ring and legs removed - as usual no one around and its how it almost always is - so I attacked and got it all unloaded and ring into the garage.

Pic is the CUCV basking in the SUN and his ants all over it.
Photo2593.jpgPhoto2594.jpgPhoto2595.jpgPhoto2596.jpg

zout

Little more to do - but what a better fitting way to end than to go back to the beginning where the CUCV first was sitting - check out the first pictures and you will see what I mean.Photo2601.jpgPhoto2602.jpgPhoto2603.jpgPhoto2604.jpgPhoto2605.jpgPhoto2606.jpgPhoto2607.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks