• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Tick Tock

I hate dead time :(

The paint looks like it is flatting out even more as it drys. Very Very nice.

zout

dead time my arse - as I told you Sun someone had stolen a couple packs of smokes out of my car - I went up to get my Makita bag full of TOOLS from when I went to Dingers house to fix his 109 - it was G O N E. Full set of Snap On box end wrenches up to 1 1/8 - my Fluke multi meter I had won back in 1996 Freightlner Tech Masters competition - a BIG box of assorted wiring components in about a 64 compartment yellow tray - all my wiring tools - misc box open end wrenches - more I do not even remember tossing in there - it was all MIA. So the Onan 2800 Microlite Generator is ready to wire in and I have jack chit to do anything about it with. I will say no more how this adds to the BS of this last weekend around here.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So sorry to hear this Dave. There is not much I hate more than a thief. Been the victim and it make you want to do evil things. Hang in there brother.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So sorry to hear this Dave. There is not much I hate more than a thief. Been the victim and it make you want to do evil things. Hang in there brother.

Kent thank you for putting together the right words, I was at a loss as to what to say :(

The whole situation sucks and a whole bunch of other cuss words in my brain at this time.

zout

FWIW - I did not stick in the theft thing to stir trouble - its just what I had happen just because I was so nieve still at this age - pretty much the end of that (car got locked last night tho).

Have to paint the seat frame's - weather stripping kiit all ordered and expected here Wed 7/24 - polishing the lenses for the lights tonight - paint is drying out nicely and flattening still as expected.

I am going to leave it alone for one more night as I have ordered some replacement tools and going to get that generator wired up in the 909 tonight and see if I can light a fire in it and get the 7 deep cycle batteries charged up (wiring was disconneted and I do not want to plug in the 50amp till everything is wired back in).

I am going to get the seat parts laid out for painting and wiped down.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seal kit got to my house yesterday night. It looks good. The rubber seems to be pliable, there is steel embedded in seals around the door as was the OEM parts. The metal tabs on the seals actually have metal on them and not some flimsy cheap metal. Overall from first review this kit looks like a winner. I will be heading over to Z's tonight to drop off and will get some pictures. The kit has all the seals and on e-bay is around $300.00 with free shipping which is cheaper than buying all the components. Search on the following

GMC Jimmy Chevy K5 Blazer FS Complete Weatherstrip Kit (Fits: K5 Blazer)

Here is the kit parts.

Part Number: AM-13676768
This Full Size Chevy K5 Blazer & GMC Jimmy weather strip kit contains new, aftermarket replacement parts. The parts are built to strict quality control standards and will fit just like original parts.
This 18 Piece weatherstrip kit includes the following pieces:

• (1) - Inner Header Seal for Removable Roof
    • Seals front of roof to body
  • (1) - Outer Header Seal for Removable Roof
    • Seals front of roof to body
  • (1) - LH - Bed Side Seal
    • Seals Side of roof to quarter panel
  • (1) - RH - Bed Side Seal
    • Seals Side of roof to quarter panel
  • (1) - Rear gate glass run channel Weatherstrip Seal
    • Mounts in Roof and seals rear window when in up position
  • (1) - Tailgate to Body Seal
    • Attaches to the sides and bottom of the tailgate and seal the tailgate to the body when closed
  • (1) - Inner Tailgate Window Sweep
    • This is the long rubber squeegee that attaches to the inside of the tailgate and sweeps the glass as it goes up an down
  • (1) - Outer Tailgate Window Sweep
    • This is the long rubber squeegee that attaches to the outside of the tailgate and sweeps the glass as it goes up an down
  • (1) - LH - Front Door Window Run Channel Seal
    • Seals door glass to door when in up position
  • (1) - RH - Front Door Window Run Channel Seal
    • Seals door glass to door when in up position
  • (1) - LH - Front Door to Body Seal
    • Attaches to the pinchweld and seal the door as it closes
  • (1) - RH - Front Door to Body Seal
    • Attaches to the pinchweld and seal the door as it closes
  • (1) - LH - Vent Glass Seal (one piece seal)
    • Seals vent glass when closed
  • (1) - RH - Vent Glass Seal (one piece seal)
    • Seals vent glass when closed
  • (1) - LH - Outer Door Window Sweep
    • Sweeps door glass as it moves up and down
  • (1) - RH - Outer Door Window Sweep
  • (1) - LH - Inner Door Window Sweep
  • (1) - RH - Inner Door Window Sweep

zout

3M Yellow Weatherstipping Compound here we come - here we come - 3M Yellow Weatherstripping Compound here we come ah da do da day.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is that time again! We are at 32 days on this thread and Commander Z's hard work. Coming into the home stretch now :)

Count update courtesy of Count Swiss!

CUCV as of 7/24/13Activity Per Day
Posts30910
Views6747211
Days32

For your viewing pleasure, Count Swiss's Theme Song. CRANK UP THE VOLUME ON THIS ONE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIniljT5lJI

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It is that time again! We are at 32 days on this thread and Commander Z's hard work. Coming into the home stretch now :)

Count update courtesy of Count Swiss!

CUCV as of 7/24/13Activity Per Day
Posts30910
Views6747211
Days32

For your viewing pleasure, Count Swiss's Theme Song. CRANK UP THE VOLUME ON THIS ONE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIniljT5lJI
OK...so it's been 32 CALENDAR days.... per the Count's count.
BUT I just want to point out that the Commander only can perform his magic for a few hours AFTER a full day at work and whatever time is available on the weekend.

SO...To get an ACCURATE count of labor hours, "The Count" would need to count the hours that actually count as counted hours of labor rather than calendar days counted by "The Count".

In others words, I'm not sure "The Count's" count takes into account the count of hours that should be counted in the 32 day count.

zout

Could not said it any better PB - anyhow seals all came to Swiss last night and he FINALLY decided to show up around dark thirty tonight - so - here is what we got in. Door seals and window seals - tailgate seal - topper inner and outer seal. Probably some other ones but I got brain dead after I opened the garage door - so here are some pics - I did finally find where RON impacted the CUCV BTW

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron I was working, as you can see Commander Z was screwing around so don't blame me! The seal kit is awesome, all the seals necessary to redo all components. Quality is top notch and the price unbelievable. Highly recommended for all CUCV's. As typically SS's we did not read any instructions so the first 45 minutes was screwing around trying to figure out what goes where. A few misteps and finally the pieces came together. 3M 08001 adhesive is the bomb, buy it, glue it, love it. The grasshopper made a error of judgement trying to beat the commander out on getting in the Window seal on the drivers door and had to call for reinforcements from command to finish it off after he beat me by a good 15 minutes. I was smart enough to ask for help. Working with Commander Z has been an extreme pleasure and more importantly an eye opening experiance on different ways to attack a problem.

THANK YOU DAVE!

Thundercracker thank you for chiming in, everybody will be at the Rally expect for maybe TinWoodsMan so you get to meet the crew. We had gotten worried that the rest of the CUCV crowd had died and gone to Green Iron heaven. We are happy to entertain!