• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air system relief valve opening on M925...Frozen air lines/valves?

charlietango

Thanks to this thread my cold Canadian arse just found the mysterious problem I had during Remembrance Day.

Got bloody cold over the past 2 days (down to 0F) I figured it was moisture related

cheers!

Last edited:

exssdru

Glad to have found this thread, you guys helped out a newbie with a newbie M925 A1 with the same problem. I live in NW MT and had this issue the first week of owning my truck. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Ford Mechanic

I was having this problem as well as a couple valves freezing as well. I was just cracking the drains for 30 seconds or so. Well I've found that's not the correct procedure.

When it got above freezing I ran it with the drain valves and red glad hand connection open for 15 min to clear the moist air from the system.

Now I completely drain the tanks and have no more problems. I even had put a new dryer on it with no results.

exssdru

Draining, filling, and re-draining the air system several times seemed to have fixed mine as well, but I intend to replace the dryer as a precaution. Not being able to engage the front axle left me stuck on hard-pack snow at the bottom of my driveway. After winching myself from tree to tree for an hour, inching my way up the driveway, the air system thawed out and 6 wheel drive engaged. Now that I have had time to read about my truck, I see that putting it into low-range automatically engages the front axle. Does anyone know if the low-range auto-engage requires the non-essential air to be working as well? I.E., if the air line is frozen and the front axle lever wont work, will putting it into low-range engage 6x6?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks