• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air system relief valve opening on M925...Frozen air lines/valves?

charlietango

Thanks to this thread my cold Canadian arse just found the mysterious problem I had during Remembrance Day.

Got bloody cold over the past 2 days (down to 0F) I figured it was moisture related

cheers!

Last edited:

exssdru

Glad to have found this thread, you guys helped out a newbie with a newbie M925 A1 with the same problem. I live in NW MT and had this issue the first week of owning my truck. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Ford Mechanic

I was having this problem as well as a couple valves freezing as well. I was just cracking the drains for 30 seconds or so. Well I've found that's not the correct procedure.

When it got above freezing I ran it with the drain valves and red glad hand connection open for 15 min to clear the moist air from the system.

Now I completely drain the tanks and have no more problems. I even had put a new dryer on it with no results.

exssdru

Draining, filling, and re-draining the air system several times seemed to have fixed mine as well, but I intend to replace the dryer as a precaution. Not being able to engage the front axle left me stuck on hard-pack snow at the bottom of my driveway. After winching myself from tree to tree for an hour, inching my way up the driveway, the air system thawed out and 6 wheel drive engaged. Now that I have had time to read about my truck, I see that putting it into low-range automatically engages the front axle. Does anyone know if the low-range auto-engage requires the non-essential air to be working as well? I.E., if the air line is frozen and the front axle lever wont work, will putting it into low-range engage 6x6?