• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Save me from the tourch m75 apc

Rickyoday

I have been buying small parts and accessories for the M75 since I saw Rich Greene's M75 for sale at the MVPA Convention at FIG in '94(?) I was hoping to buy one of SECO's M75's soon, but saw in this forum that they sent theirs to scrap. This one seems to be a good price, but like Medlog, the shipping to the east Coast negates the good deal. I'm afraid that this vehicle would have to be it's own load, since it would have to ship on a lowboy trailer. That means no break in price for a partial load.
On the demil issue, why do they cut them like that? Is that so the armor, even if re-welded, is nowhere near as strong as when it was intact?
Rick

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In a word, yes. However, there are good welders out there that can make them just as tough as before, that's one of the reasons why the demil procedure nowadays is to cut into little tiny pieces, so you can't reassemble it.

wgtactical

maddawg308 said:
In a word, yes. However, there are good welders out there that can make them just as tough as before, that's one of the reasons why the demil procedure nowadays is to cut into little tiny pieces, so you can't reassemble it.
Cant? :lol: At best it just slows us down a day or so :wink:

No.2Diesel

RE: Re: RE: m75

Congrats man.

Have you decided on how to ship it?

Due to the current price of Diesel, would shipping it by rail be significantly cheaper?

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: m75

No.2Diesel said:
Congrats man.

Have you decided on how to ship it?

Due to the current price of Diesel, would shipping it by rail be significantly cheaper?
shipping by rail would be nice but I don't think there is one near the location of the vehicle and having it trucked to a rail head then sent here, you are not saving any money. plus the cost of having a crane at the rail head to lift it onto a rail car. then a crane at my end to crane it off. It's about the same $ if not cheaper to just suck it up and go get it myself.

I have access to a 40T lowboy and a 640hp TT 2007 KW that I'm going to use to drive out there and get it.

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: m75

dc3coyote said:
Good save Waller, glad somebody was able to save her
you gonna need anybody for a road trip?
I do already have a codriver but thanks for asking bc if I didnt I'd sure take you up on the offer...

FWIW. I plan on this trip taking a week and thats going to be pushing it. It's 2500 miles from my place and we will not be stopping but for food and fuel. The truck we're taking has a very large sleeper and can run as fast as you want to drive.

Blythewoodjoe

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: m75

So when are you going to go get it? Are you going to keep in at your home? This will obviously affect when I come over and dig those footings :roll:

L1A1

kcimb said:
Pics or it didn't happen :)

What era is the m75 from? Before the m114/m113?
Kcimb
The M75 APC was introduced during the Korean War and was originally built by International harvester and then by FMC it predates both the M114 & M113. The M75's immediate replacement was the M59 APC built by FMC who later went on to build the M113.
Matt

superburban

Jwaller,
Let me know when you're going to make the trip. I make it up to MT every few months and I might be able to lend a hand. BTW, in what part or Montana is this thing located?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks