• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939 EUC's ? Months after auction???

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So we all mostly got this email? Mine had 3 trucks listed but they were all the same trucks and not others i had bought.
EUC filed before removal of item. Little late.
This a hack? Or what?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the email wanting EUCs for trucks I bought in Jan 2015 !! That's over 2 years ago! One was scrapped and the engine/trans and axles were shipped to Vietnam by the scrapper. I can't sign an EUC now for a truck that was mostly exported 2 years ago.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I looked on my GP account it has an euc form open to fill out for a pile of m939 trucks I won over the last 3 years. Most of them are long gone. And they are all bunched into one euc. So I couldn't put different info for different trucks depending on what happened to them.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Seems weird. Once its sold to us and transferred on titles to whatever state i believe the demil code does not apply to property that doesn't belong to them. Cause wouldn't that maybe change the whole title process. I got one for 3 m923s but the 934s and 928s arent on my form.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

saddamsnightmare

April 23rd, 2017.

Depending on what your demil code was changed to, gentlemen, in terms of its restrictiveness on the end use, yes, Uncle can cause you all sorts of grief if you can't account for the equipment or its disposition. And if it should require returning the now non-existent or exported items.... Well, you better get a good lawyer, but Uncle has more money and more lawyers, so watch out.

Uncle may not own it, but you, or someone in the ownership chain, did sign it. Ignorance is not bliss, nor is it an adequate defense when buying military surplus vehicles and equipment. Too many members skate around that EUC requirement thinking that it won't "get" them, but it can. Background check your buyer, and maintain careful disposition records, or Uncle may take a bite out of you sometime in the future.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
... Uncle may not own it, but you, or someone in the ownership chain, did sign it. ....
You're missing the point, no one signed the EUC since it wasn't required at the time of surplus sale, and the demil code was changed years after the vehicle was bought, sold, scraped and/or exported.

One wrecker I bought without a EUC is now somewhere in Africa. There are a couple of large corporations that bought these 939 series trucks, refurbished them and exported them to South America.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Melodrama aside, here's what I see happening on this-

They're required to send a request for an EUC for all trucks previously sold, and to require an EUC as a condition of future sales.

They don't really expect 100% compliance for the trucks already out there. You will have to do an EUC for future sales before you can pick it up.

Nobody is going to court. Nobody is going to come knock on your doors.

The EUC wait time just went through the roof... resale values just jumped up by whatever margin a 6-15 month wait time is worth to your buyer....

86m1028

Guess the price just went up on the m923 I have for sale.
People will pay if they want it NOW & not have to wait for an EUC to clear !

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think it's been in the works for a week or so. I got an email from GP last week telling me I needed to fill out an euc on a humvee I bought in 2015. I replied to them that I already did an euc on this item and they said it was a glitch that sent out the email. Probably them setting up to send the m939 euc emails.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GP has been scarce on 939's for a while. Had only one 923a2 for about the past week.

I Have 2 GP trucks, 0 emails. when did you gets these emails?

GP isn't the government. GP is a privately owned group who won the bid to, well, do the bidding. What exactly are they asking? All buyers of 5 tons fill out EUC? So, if I have 2 of them what to do? Go ahead and fill it out? Or ... what?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to wait to see how the hammer drops on this issue before submitting anything. It's one thing to fill out an EUC pre-sale but it's another to do it 2 years post sale and expect the first buyer to realistically know where it is currently if it's been sold.

There are plenty more M939 trucks in inventory but like all things government they're slow to move. GP isn't doing us any favors by holding back stock for a time they think they can make the most money but that's what they're in business for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks