• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939 EUC's ? Months after auction???

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is much panic about *nothing*.

What you have received is a toothless request for information. If you take no action, there will be no action taken against you. Nobody will serve you with a summons. No jackbooted thugs will crash through your door at 0230.

Look at the HEMTT. They sent letters requesting those be turned in for shredding. Yet no action was taken when nobody turned one in....

Now, this *will* have an effect on the market. It's going to clog up the EUC people in battlecreek, because you know ****ed well that no additional hiring was done.

This will delay approval for everything that requires an EUC.

There will be a biphasic response in the market - there will be a surge of panic buyers who don't have the slightest clue what an EUC is, and think it is somehow related to titles and licensing (it isn't ). The 2nd surge will be the resale market. It'll go up by whatever value that buyers place on a 6mo to 2yr wait time.

My advice, free for the taking, is that if you have a truck to sell wait 6 months.... and if you plan to buy a truck, buy immediately. I've got no trucks to sell at this time.

Anyone who thinks differently - I'll put my $$ behind my opinion. I'll bet you $1000 that simply ignoring the EUC requests for trucks I already bought will have no adverse consequences(no court, no loss of truck, no restrictions on bidding). Any takers? We both give our $$$ to someone we both trust, and then on Jan 1 2018 that person gives the $2k to the winner. Kyle, you're predicting doom and gloom and court... want to bet? (I mean this friendly)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I wonder if they are willing to trade my EUC for the generator title that they cant seem to get to me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if this has anything to do with the Iron Planet/Ritchie Bros. merger? The deal ain't done yet, if I understand it correctly.

Wonder if Ritchie Bros is concerned about liability from the gov? And this is some attempt by GP to get paperwork in order.

Just throwin stuff out here. An odd move for sure when some get EUCs some don't?

Possibly unrelated. I bought som 16's on Hemtt rims from the other auction company GL and in the description it stated that they must be destroyed. I called them and inquired about it. They said "Don't worry, we have to put that on them, we don't require you to destroy them." So, I bought them.

In the end, the contract and paperwork wins, not the word of someone on the phone at GL. Should they choose to enforce it.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if this has anything to do with the Iron Planet/Ritchie Bros. merger? The deal ain't done yet, if I understand it correctly.

Wonder if Ritchie Bros is concerned about liability from the gov? And this is some attempt by GP to get paperwork in order.

Just throwin stuff out here. An odd move for sure when some get EUCs some don't?

Possibly unrelated. I bought som 16's on Hemtt rims from the other auction company GL and in the description it stated that they must be destroyed. I called them and inquired about it. They said "Don't worry, we have to put that on them, we don't require you to destroy them." So, I bought them.

In the end, the contract and paperwork wins, not the word of someone on the phone at GL. Should they choose to enforce it.
DLA does not assign demil codes based on private company mergers. *unrelated*

GP and GL have absolutely no control over and no influence on when gets an EUC requirement, and what does not. I'm certain they'd rather have no EUC on anything. The EUC does not shield them from any liability, and only serves to delay sales and aggravate buyers. *unrelated*

If the HEMTT rims had required destruction, you'd have been required to do so witnessed. The description was in error.

Your last paragraph is spot on...

Lust4GreenSteel

I was just thinking that if 5 ton prices increased significantly, it would help Deuce prices. Right now it seems as if one can buy a good 5 ton at about the same price as a good deuce.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuces on GP already need EUCs.
But you're missing the 2ndary effect. If I can get a 5ton in 2 years, or a deuce at private sale now , I may opt for the deuce. So yes, it should bump up deuce sales. Deuce sales are primarily a private market at this point anyway. ...

It's also going g to effect the hmmwv private market. Instead of a 4-6 week wait for an EUC, it may very well be a 6-24 month wait. The premium for private sale just went up....

gottaluvit

But you're missing the 2ndary effect. If I can get a 5ton in 2 years, or a deuce at private sale now , I may opt for the deuce. So yes, it should bump up deuce sales. Deuce sales are primarily a private market at this point anyway. ...

It's also going g to effect the hmmwv private market. Instead of a 4-6 week wait for an EUC, it may very well be a 6-24 month wait. The premium for private sale just went up....
Sweet. Maybe now I can afford a hmmwv if folks get scared by the wait. Heck, I'll wait two years gladly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks