• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939 EUC's ? Months after auction???

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who has talked to GP and gotten information straight from the horses mouth. We are all fretting over an email, which is not a proper way to conduct legal Business.

Some people get emails, some don't, the methodology is questionable.

Someone give me a fact. I don't know the depth of the story, so there must be some facts littered along this trail. Like maybe the codes have changed on every 5-ton on GP or something.

An email can be a fabrication, a glitch on an automated system, a hack or malicious revenge.

So "Just the facts." Someone sum up the facts only please.

Gunzy

Got a request for one on a truck bought on May 6 2015 but not for the truck bought on April 6 2016. I say hit and miss for sure. I need to call about an SF97 on a trailer so I'll ask about the EUC request.

AMC

Spoke with GP this morning. If you have picked up the item, you dont need to submit an EUC. If the item is still on the yard you will need an EUC.

They explained to me that there are a bunch of demil code changes happening and that the automated system is triggering emails to us who already have our items.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Spoke with GP this morning. If you have picked up the item, you dont need to submit an EUC. If the item is still on the yard you will need an EUC.

They explained to me that there are a bunch of demil code changes happening and that the automated system is triggering emails to us who already have our items.
figured it was something like that

aziator

Not sure if it is related. I am still active duty and we have disposition instructions to turn in a bunch of older vehicles. The codes were written one way and the Central Turn in Yard had instructions to only accept another (different) code. Found out this morning that the Sec Army pushed a little harder to get these turned in resulting in a change saying all codes would be accepted at the turn in yard.

May be unrelated but that might be what triggered all of this.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
02:00 I received an email requesting EUC for the three trucks I bought. One of them was a refunded sale since the truck didn't match description online.

They still want an EUC on that one too.

2:00 am clearly an automated system email.

What a Charlie Foxtrot

OPFORMI

So alot of confusion on this issue. My buddy, who is a regular GP buyer and has an in with some of the folk in Ft Worth, received the ground truth on what is going on. Take this with a grain since it is 2d hand information. Basically what he was told is this. The DLA and Dept of Commerce and Export Controls decided that their is too much ambiguity in the way the DEMIL codes were defined. Because of this export control wigged out when folks arrived at the border and ports to export items and didn't have a clue about what the right procedures were to export and raised **** with enough customs agents that the issue was elevated. GP was caught in the middle of the feud. Basically the State Dept and Dept of Commerce instructed the DLA to redefine what DEMIL A, F, and Q means. This caused several items that were DEMIL A to be redefined as DEMIL Q. Which means that for us common folk, alot more EUCs will be required on stuff that didn't need one before. Because GP's system is somehow intertwined with DLA somewhere in the intardweb, when DLA started to change the DEMIL Codes it triggered GP's antiquated system to start spitting out automated emails telling people that their items need EUCs now. According to the Fort Worth people, if you have already picked up your item you can ignore the email. There is apparently no good way to make the system acknowledge the difference between previously sold items and new upcoming items. They did warn my buddy that if the item has NOT been picked up, then he will have to submit the EUC and get an approval before the item will be released. He, like some of the others on here, got his inboxed spammed for trucks he bought all the way back in 2015. My buddy also told me that this has been going on for months, it just so happens that there has finally been movement on it recently. The GP folks in Ft Worth are apparently drafting several fixes that they were instructed to incorporate and they stated that official notification should be forthcoming, but it may be several weeks until all the system kinks are worked out. Hope that clears up some of the fog of war, for what it is worth...

archmark

What's up with this Y'all

I just received the following email from GovPlanet Customer Service regarding the M934 that I got back in 2015:

The following item’s Demilitarization Code has changed and the government now requires the completion of an End-Use Certificate (EUC) prior to removal of the item.
ITEM INFORMATION
Item #: 551711
Description: AM General M934 5 Ton 6x6 Van Truck
Date of SaleMar 18,2015

Can somebody please explain this to me?

Thanks...

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

DrillerSurplus

I received a similar email that listed each of 6 vehicles 3 times. Some of them went as far back as 2015.
I sent email to GP and received a pretty prompt response saying to the effect "never mind- it was a computer glitch."

Obviously I can't say for sure that would apply to your situation, but that's my guess.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOTs:
• Do not post or link to material that is considered sexually explicit, profane, hateful, lewd, threatening, abusive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate for a family viewing of the website. (this includes using the F-bomb in your posts)

• Keep it CLEAN. Watch your language because lots of families visit this site together.

Title edited and warning sent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks