• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ending prices not shown on GL

Rattlehead

What is going on with closing prices not being shown on auctions for many things? It seems that many of the trucks I watch, the final price is no longer shown, but other things are. An example of this is the last M35A3's a couple weeks ago and the M945's that closed yesterday. What purpose does this have? To make me throw a low bid on something just so I can see what it went for when I get outbid? It was bad enough when GL deleted old auctions after only 24 hours.

Rebelpride

I second that, up until the last auction I watched I could always see what stuff was won for that I didnt bid on. And after my last auction I couldnt find anything, and I was curious what the other trucks went for at Portsmouth.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They don't want people to be able to view auctions in order to judge the market.

An uninformed consumer is a businesses best friend.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this same thing happen. Why put things on your watch list if you can't see what they went for?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you guys notice that on GSA, they have changed the bidding history to just show bidder numbers(ie. bidder 1,bidder 2)? I don't like bidder anonymity. Makes me feel like they are safe to shill bid.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What an ironic thread! I was just thinking about this very same thing! (I had a dream about my deuce last night too, but that's another matter).

I noticed the auctions that closed yesterday didn't show final sale amount. I would have done exactly what Kenny is saying, but figured I would save myself the time and check them all after close. I was particularly interested in the many M35s that closed in Norman, OK on 5/29.

Is this the first time, or has it been occurring and I just noticed?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've noticed since sale 3344. Now all the closing bid results are GONE! These folks are really starting to suck.

Edit, Past bid results of demil items are all missing, Bet they blame this on DLA or DRMO

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just sent this to GL

Greetings Folks,

I would like to point out that items are no longer appearing in the closed watch list on my account. Many other friends are reporting the same issue. All of the past bid results are also gone now as well. I'm hoping this is a technical error and not the efforts of the GL Management to suppress this vital info to gauge bidding trends on future sales. I've endured many hardships from Government Liquidation with losing items closed within 24 hrs, photos deleted and the everlasting SF97 debacle created by GL. I, and many of my friends are very patient people but this continual effort on behalf of GL to thwart sensible bidding on the buyers behalf is disheartening. I suppose that the ole business theory "An uniformed customer is the best customer" rings true with GL.

Dissapointed at Best,

Kenneth Engle 7700xxxx

Rattlehead

Hopefully Epay doesn't get the same idea. Its good to gauge prices, as well as for entertainment; like the rifle mounts that sold awhile back for >$100.

EdMontana

Rattlehead said:
What is going on with closing prices not being shown on auctions for many things? It seems that many of the trucks I watch, the final price is no longer shown, but other things are. An example of this is the last M35A3's a couple weeks ago and the M945's that closed yesterday. What purpose does this have? To make me throw a low bid on something just so I can see what it went for when I get outbid? It was bad enough when GL deleted old auctions after only 24 hours.

The prices of the M35A3's were between $15,000 to $19,000.....not adding the 10%, they were 7 A3's I stop bidding just under $14,000 on four that were more appealing.

I have noticed that if you save the page on your favorites, the price will be always be the same at the time you saved, it will not refresh with the actual last bid.

Last Thursday auction, most of the items would just show CLOSED instead the sold value.
I think is a problem with the GL software as it dd not applied to all auctions.......

USMilitarySurplus

RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

We are not trying to keep our buyers in the dark. On our homepage is a link that says View Past Bid Results. If you know the sale and lot number, you can view final bid prices there. This page is updated though and older sales are deleted, so I would advise checking it within a few days of the close of a sale.

I also have to point out that since we're selling everything through online auctions, it's the buyers who set the price. Let's say there are two vehicles at the same site, same year, make and model. One can be sold for X amount and the other for twice that amount. It all depends on who shows up to bid. There are no bidding trends.

I don't know about the Watchlist, but you can log in to your account, go to the Bid History tab, and view the bid history for a lot if you placed a bid on it, even if you were out bid.

Kenny is right. Send an email to make your opinion official. But include SPECIFICS like sale and lot number or names and dates, etc.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Robyn, I sent the email. It went unanswered. I went back and checked about 20 different sales, some of them I was involved in. ALL sales that were EUC sales (demil B& Q) showed no bid results. This was using the link at the bottom for "past Bid Results". Older sales that were there are gone, recent sales that closed in the last few weeks are gone. Something is up with this, can you inquire a little further? I'm going to start resending the email until I get a response.

Kwai

I have observed the same thing. The 10-ton at NASA the was auctioned 2 weeks ago is just one example.

Kwai

BTW, these postings here should be enough to make our opinions "official" if GL is really listening.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

USMilitarySurplus said:
I don't know about the Watchlist, but you can log in to your account, go to the Bid History tab, and view the bid history for a lot if you placed a bid on it, even if you were out bid.
This is what I normally do, but as of late, it does NOT provide $$ info. It shows, "closed" or something. This is true only for vehicles and/or trailers. Other items show o.k. Actually, vehicles have disappeared from my closed watchlist altogether!

????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

Well, the folks at GL finally answered my email after having to send it twice. You want to talk about a slap in the face response, this is it. Like oil, I'll buy from these folks because they have the market cornered but I won't miss an opportunity to badmouth them after this response. Read this and tell me if I'm wrong.

"
Dear Mr. Engle,

Thank you for your e-mail. The information you’re requesting is unavailable. No additional information can be provided.

Regards,

Customer Service Management

Government Liquidation, LLC

DOD Surplus, LLC

15051 N. Kierland Blvd, Ste 300

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Ph: 480.367.1300

Fax: 480.367.1450

Email: info@govliquidation.com

Online Help:http://www.govliquidation.com/help/index.html

-k-

From: recovry4x4@bellsouth.net [mailto:recovry4x4@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:33 PM
To: GL Info
Subject: Past Bid Results/ Closed Watchlist

This is a second submission of this email as the first one received no response from the GL staff. I would also like to ammend it to the fact that only the Demil auctions have had the closing bid results deleted. I would hope a response would be forthcoming.

Kenneth Engle 77007035

Greetings Folks,

I would like to point out that items are no longer appearing in the closed watch list on my account. Many other friends are reporting the same issue. All of the past bid results are also gone now as well. I'm hoping this is a technical error and not the efforts of the GL Management to suppress this vital info to gauge bidding trends on future sales. I've endured many hardships from Government Liquidation with losing items closed within 24 hrs, photos deleted and the everlasting SF97 debacle created by GL. I, and many of my friends are very patient people but this continual effort on behalf of GL to thwart sensible bidding on the buyers behalf is disheartening. I suppose that the ole business theory "An uniformed customer is the best customer" rings true with GL."

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the problem with GL...they have a monopoly on selling the stuff that we want. Anytime a company has a monopoly on something, there is no reason to worry about the customer because they have no where else to go. Competition in a market usually leads to better products and better customer service (because the companies are competing for our business). Usually, the customer is given the benefit of the doubt...to an extent. Not with GL...the customer is always wrong. They basically are saying, "It is my way or the highway...take your choice." They don't realize how many customers they are pissing off and losing. I've thought long and hard about giving up on GL. I've got plenty of trucks...my wife keeps telling me I don't need any more. However, (for now) I could not do that to you guys...you need the competition for these trucks. :) Anyway, GL really does not care what we think. Admittedly, there were fewer people bidding in the old DRMO days, but things ran a lot more smoothly. Bidding results were available...you knew who you were bidding against because they posted the names of the winning bidders...the SF97 came in YOUR NAME...and it came promptly...no waits of several months. I put in a claim for two trucks that I got that were damaged AFTER the sale went off. They denied my claim because the GL staff said they did not touch the trucks and the trucks were damaged previous to the auction. Tell me how they remember the exact condition of my trucks when there are hundreds of trucks coming through this particular location. They also said the trucks were not moved around the yard. That's strange...the pics show them located near railroad tracks and they were parked against a concrete barrier when I went to pick them up. Can anyone spell C-Y-A? Of course, that is what they were doing. They denied that they damaged my trucks. They moved them with a forklift and a chain on one of the front lifting shackles. Then, they walked the trucks around the yard and damaged the hoods. Since the trucks are M814s...and are VERY long...they had trouble maneuvering them around and side-swiped another truck probably because there is some damage to one of the beds. Here is what they had to say (and tell me that this is not "my way or the highway" attitude)...
-----------------
Thank you for your email. As stated before, according to the site records, there were no annotations on the invoice regarding the condition of the property. Per the Terms and Conditions, the buyer or the buyer's agent is responsible for verifying the property purchased before it's removed. After property is removed from a Government Liquidation facility, GL does not have management over that property. Consequently, there is no means whereby a property claim can be validated.

Section 95 of the Terms and Conditions states that either you or your authorized agent will be required to sign for all material in the presence of a GL representative (unless otherwise approved by an authorized GL agent) prior to removing property. Per the Terms and Conditions, if the property is not acceptable, do not remove it.

Please note that you agreed to these Terms and Conditions at the time your bid was placed.

Furthermore, our records indicate that the DRMO did not move your vehicle(s) from their original location. In the future, it is recommended that you either bring your concerns to a GL employee's attention before the property is removed or you may leave the property at the site.

At this time, as no further information has been presented that has not already been reviewed, GL will consider this claim closed.
---------
My biggest mistake was removing the property with the damage. I should have made a big deal about it before removing the trucks, but I did not want to get the GL site guys in trouble because they are very nice. I also did not do so because I really figured all they would do was allow me to back out of the winning bid. I wanted to keep the trucks because they were fresh rebuilds...still had plastic caps on the grease fittings...everything (that was not damaged by GL) was either new or rebuilt. So, I dealt with the damage. The damage can be fixed, fortunately...but GL could careless. They even tried to pass the blame to the towing company for the damage...it is everyone's fault but theirs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know its been a while but I wonder what would happen if you contest it with the credit card company. Sorry folks, I've defended GL for the last time. This company is a bunch of sheisters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks