• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ending prices not shown on GL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

Kwai said:
BTW, these postings here should be enough to make our opinions "official" if GL is really listening.
They are listening all right, listening and laughing their butts off. Scumbags!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

Recovry4x4 said:
Well, the folks at GL finally answered my email after having to send it twice. You want to talk about a slap in the face response, this is it. Like oil, I'll buy from these folks because they have the market cornered but I won't miss an opportunity to badmouth them after this response. Read this and tell me if I'm wrong.

"
Dear Mr. Engle,

Thank you for your e-mail. The information you’re requesting is unavailable. No additional information can be provided.

Regards,

Customer Service Management

Government Liquidation, LLC

DOD Surplus, LLC

15051 N. Kierland Blvd, Ste 300

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Ph: 480.367.1300

Fax: 480.367.1450

Email: info@govliquidation.com

Online Help:http://www.govliquidation.com/help/index.html

-k-

From: recovry4x4@bellsouth.net [mailto:recovry4x4@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:33 PM
To: GL Info
Subject: Past Bid Results/ Closed Watchlist

This is a second submission of this email as the first one received no response from the GL staff. I would also like to ammend it to the fact that only the Demil auctions have had the closing bid results deleted. I would hope a response would be forthcoming.

Kenneth Engle 77007035

Greetings Folks,

I would like to point out that items are no longer appearing in the closed watch list on my account. Many other friends are reporting the same issue. All of the past bid results are also gone now as well. I'm hoping this is a technical error and not the efforts of the GL Management to suppress this vital info to gauge bidding trends on future sales. I've endured many hardships from Government Liquidation with losing items closed within 24 hrs, photos deleted and the everlasting SF97 debacle created by GL. I, and many of my friends are very patient people but this continual effort on behalf of GL to thwart sensible bidding on the buyers behalf is disheartening. I suppose that the ole business theory "An uniformed customer is the best customer" rings true with GL."
Kenny,

If thats it, I wonder why it took them so long to respond.......
Looks like alot of the standard boiler plate responses I get.

Ed

TacticalTruck

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

Robyn is awful silent on this one. She also never answered my question about how she was able to drive the M813 to the East Coast Rally, probably because it was done illegally. I can't blame them for playing games with the bidding to jack prices up, that's their job but it burns my a** when they play fast and loose with with the laws that all other dealers must follow, especially at the state level. It also erks me that DOD contracted this work out when all they really needed was a web designer.
Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

I actually got the response over a week ago, just took me a while to get it posted. I was hoping to get a bunch of folks to make the same inquiry to Customer Disservice but it appears I'm the only one griping.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on GL

Recovry4x4 said:
I actually got the response over a week ago, just took me a while to get it posted. I was hoping to get a bunch of folks to make the same inquiry to Customer Disservice but it appears I'm the only one griping.
Kenny,

I can't even get them to confirm they received my EUC emailed in .pdf form......
How long does it take to type a response, and hit the reply button.....

Ed

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not shown on G

I've never had a problem with the getting my junk although I hear about it alot. From now on I'm going to send it certified/ return receipt. Incompetence is just so difficult to reason with.

devilman96

I would be emailing Becky Bellinger with the DRMO in Battle Creek... She handles GL's contracting with the DRMO... If anyone needs to be hearing this stuff it’s her and your congressional reps! If you write your rep, outside of the typical GL issues you should also ask why again we have another private contractor handling the gov's job...

Becky can be reached at becky.bellinger@dla.mil . . DO NOT... (and i feel the need to repeat this)... NO NOT act like a putz when emailing her. She cant fix anything... but she needs to know about the problems!!!!

USMilitarySurplus

Sorry for the delayed response, gentlemen. We are not posting final bid prices for BQ items at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I will let you know when they're posted again to the site. It has nothing to do with you, the bidders, but I am not at liberty to discuss further.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not sh

Perhaps some type of investigation is going on. Robyn is usually not that short with an answer. They refuse to answer my emails now too. Anybody want to join me in flooding the online chat service for a few weeks?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Ending prices not sh

I have to say, I am so disgusted with GL it is almost impossible for me to find the words to describe it.

I bid on an M816 today that I had previewed and of course (my luck) 8500 decides he wants it and goes farther than I (and good sense) could swallow. However, I did want to see what it went for and got called away from my desk at the office. I came back 30 minutes later and the price was gone.

I mean, how does this benefit you scumbags? As you say, "it's the buyers who set the price. Let's say there are two vehicles at the same site, same year, make and model. One can be sold for X amount and the other for twice that amount. It all depends on who shows up to bid. There are no bidding trends." Ok, so let us see what the bidders thought it was worth! I sometimes wonder if you have a room full of employees whose sole purpose in life is to make us as miserable as possible and set puppies on fire for jollies.

There is just no good reason for final sale prices not to be displayed and there is no good reason for auctions to disappear the next day, because they are still in GL's syetem, so it isn't like they are having to expend any additional bandwidth or space.

It's bad enough GL breaks multiple laws in multiple states and they never get called on it. I know if the small company I work for tried it, we'd get our behinds handed to us.

And I really want to say that I will never buy from GL again, but unfortunately, their monopoly on the surplus goods market pretty much means if I want to continue to enjoy my hobby, I will have to suck it up and deal with them.

In closing, I do not expect a reply, because the above replies say everything about GL's position, but you people, especially the suits who set policy should be ashamed of yourselves.

CCATLETT1984

Ending prices not shown

clinto said:
I have to say, I am so disgusted with GL it is almost impossible for me to find the words to describe it.

I bid on an M816 today that I had previewed and of course (my luck) 8500 decides he wants it and goes farther than I (and good sense) could swallow. However, I did want to see what it went for and got called away from my desk at the office. I came back 30 minutes later and the price was gone.

I mean, how does this benefit you scumbags? As you say, "it's the buyers who set the price. Let's say there are two vehicles at the same site, same year, make and model. One can be sold for X amount and the other for twice that amount. It all depends on who shows up to bid. There are no bidding trends." Ok, so let us see what the bidders thought it was worth! I sometimes wonder if you have a room full of employees whose sole purpose in life is to make us as miserable as possible and set puppies on fire for jollies.

There is just no good reason for final sale prices not to be displayed and there is no good reason for auctions to disappear the next day, because they are still in GL's syetem, so it isn't like they are having to expend any additional bandwidth or space.

It's bad enough GL breaks multiple laws in multiple states and they never get called on it. I know if the small company I work for tried it, we'd get our behinds handed to us.

And I really want to say that I will never buy from GL again, but unfortunately, their monopoly on the surplus goods market pretty much means if I want to continue to enjoy my hobby, I will have to suck it up and deal with them.

In closing, I do not expect a reply, because the above replies say everything about GL's position, but you people, especially the suits who set policy should be ashamed of yourselves.
I agree completely

deuceman51

What makes me mad is how we are charged for an SF-97 when GSA gives them to you with the vehicle. That seems illegal to me because that is important government documentation that is being withheld from us. That is like a bank trying to charge you for your monthly statements. I really would like to see that issue resolved, but not showing the past bids also is wrong. And I can't even count how many times I have seen the exact same vehicle being resold on GL. Since it is an auction, they should sell for what people want to bid, GL should not be able to decide that they didn't get enough for it and then try and resell the vehicle. Seems very currupt to me. It definately has affected my bidding with GL.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many, and under what circumstances, would anyone NOT need an SF97 on a vehicle or trailer that requires a title and license plates for private or corporate ownership?

It seems to me that every vehicle and trailer sale is netting GL an extra $60.00 over-and-above their, "fee."

When I bought my M35A2 in February 2007, GL called it a "title-less sale." Yes, they provided me with a FL title eventually, but the more I see and read about GL practices, the more disenchanted I've become.

Now, with this "secret price" thing going on, I'm really losing respect. I'm just not sure what to do right now.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I can't even count how many times I have seen the exact same vehicle being resold on GL. Since it is an auction, they should sell for what people want to bid, GL should not be able to decide that they didn't get enough for it and then try and resell the vehicle
Show me ONE documented instance of this happening... With all the stuff we (collectively on SS) bid on and win, NOT ONE person has complained of this happening to them... I think the real reason is non paying bidders, and those who cant get EUC's to go thru...

colomil

I have a few questions for the GL folks who are listening. Over the past 6 years that I have been buying stuff from you guys, the customer service has gotten worse and the costs have gone up. I also see stuff show up on an EUC auction and the same type of item sold with no EUC. (I bought a m1010 without EUC, and I bought a scrap M1009 that required an EUC). Don't even get me started on the SF97 fiasco.

GL please answer this:
1) Why won't you show winning bid amounts for closed EUC auctions?
2) Why wont you keep auction results (with photos) active for more than 24hrs? (and don't tell me anything about server space, I am a software engineer so I know this is not the real reason)
3) Why is the past auction results set up to only show event ID? Couldn't you at least show the date the auction closed as well?
4) Why are some items in EUC yet other are not (even items with the same stock number like 2320011232665)?
5) Why is there no mechanism to update credit card info other than by actually bidding?
6) Why can't you offer SF97's on all items that would get a title in the civilian world without charging $60? This is like a car dealership charging you extra for a title.

That is it for now, thanks for your time

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
colomil said:
I have a few questions for the GL folks who are listening. Over the past 6 years that I have been buying stuff from you guys, the customer service has gotten worse and the costs have gone up. I also see stuff show up on an EUC auction and the same type of item sold with no EUC. (I bought a m1010 without EUC, and I bought a scrap M1009 that required an EUC). Don't even get me started on the SF97 fiasco.

GL please answer this:
1) Why won't you show winning bid amounts for closed EUC auctions?
2) Why wont you keep auction results (with photos) active for more than 24hrs? (and don't tell me anything about server space, I am a software engineer so I know this is not the real reason)
3) Why is the past auction results set up to only show event ID? Couldn't you at least show the date the auction closed as well?
4) Why are some items in EUC yet other are not (even items with the same stock number like 2320011232665)?
5) Why is there no mechanism to update credit card info other than by actually bidding?
6) Why can't you offer SF97's on all items that would get a title in the civilian world without charging $60? This is like a car dealership charging you extra for a title.

That is it for now, thanks for your time
:ditto: :!: :!: :!:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, they are not going to tell you why they aren't listing the prices. As I've said before, join me in flooding their in box please. Posting here does no good yet I know of no one who has joined me in emailing them. If you aren't going to email info@govliquidation.com then why waste space here. I challenge each and every one of you to send emails. You can scroll up and see one of mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks