• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vic 3 intercom System up for sale

Dmbuhan

I have an US Army Vic-3 Intercom System, I want to sell it. I Know its worth a lot of money and I'm Looking to get $1000.00 For it. Let me know if the price is outragous. I'm not sure on this but i do know its expensive and Rare.

This is what you Get:
2.- Master Control Units (new in Working Condition)
3.- Full Function Crew Station (Maybe one more)
3.- Headsets (bose Headsets)
A Crate of MISC Wires
and some other control unit for listening
1.LoudSpeaker

You may of saw my post that i was selling more than one.. well some asshole just had to go and ruin that.

I live in New Jersey and i want this to be a cash transaction.

Don't bother to ask about shipping it..

I will have pictures up of it later. just PM me and i iwll send good pics to you.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recall some possible VIC-3 pics here, not inferring that's what you are offering.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23975

The VIC-3 is so unusual to find complete and working that it's going to be strictly for restorers/collectors, maybe someone with a piece of armor. The rest of us use the cheap VIC-1 or a VIC-4 when available since they do the same for most purposes.

Dmbuhan

Re: RE: Vic 3 intercom System up for sale

yeah that was mine i dont use it anymore

OPCOM said:
I recall some possible VIC-3 pics here, not inferring that's what you are offering.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23975

The VIC-3 is so unusual to find complete and working that it's going to be strictly for restorers/collectors, maybe someone with a piece of armor. The rest of us use the cheap VIC-1 or a VIC-4 when available since they do the same for most purposes.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Considering most folks can't afford a SINCGARS, most of the folks on here are probably going to stick with a VIC1 which they can get for $150-300 and works with the somewhat more commonly found 12 series radios. I concur with E, the cables are hard to find and the length of the cables for the vehicle it is to be used in also raises questions. If you really want to get rid of it, I'd chop the price in half and be done with it.

Dmbuhan

The system has all its cabels to run the Intercoms System off of 3 headsets. Plus i have a crate of cabels i dont know what there for. The system is top noch the headset technology is rediculously crazy. im not going to sell this cheap because i know its not cheap. I found a FFCS Going for $1000 New. Well i four of them. That $4000 There i think the price is cut into 3/4.

Cdub

For a $1000 I’ll have to put it on my Christmas List……..Hahaha……NOT…!!

Yes, We all believe that you found the hens tooth. It may be worth a $1000 to you but the true value of something is what the market will dictate. Even at a fare price of $500 (which is still very high) most people won’t even pay that. Not when they could get the same use out of a VIC-1 for $150.

When you first signed on here looking for help to set up your VIC-3 on your Rino, we all jumped in and helped you set it up. As you found out that they are not easy to come by. Your asking price went on the rise week after week. Who are you trying to rip off…..All of us or just one person at a time….??

Why don’t you take your VIC-3 and GO to Ebay with it. Let the market set the true worth of your hens tooth.

Respectfully Yours,

C’dub

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Things are only worth what other people will pay for it.

Id like to have a set for the cab on my Duece so i can talk to my son and wife without yelling and taking off the ear protection

Michael

If he has more than one headset, it is worth the $1000. On the other hand, I would run the NSN numbers and see what the demil code is. I bet it is B/Q or worse. Finding them in the base garbage is not an approved means of disposal and will gets everyone involved in trouble. I bet they are rare because they are not approved for release.

Edit:
CONTROL,INTERCOMMUNICATION SET or Full Function Crew Station (FFCS) is demil C, not to be released in working condition. Most everything else is B.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Michael you hit it right on the head and someone at Fort Monmouth commited a crime in throwing them out. We still have Soldiers that drive in our Army that do not have them installed. I used them in Iraq and they are a great system and worth a lot of money but the comments made here about needing SINGARS is correct and the older and more available systems will do just fine for you.

Michael

It was my understanding from another post that you needed the VIC 3 to use the Bose noise canceling headphones and that they would work without the radio. That would be neat. :) I wouldn't want to explain where I got it though. :(

ida34

The vic3 system supports ANR and Vic-1 does not. A company makes a module to replace teh A-80 module in the crewstations and this allows the use of Bose ANR headsets. Only that one component needs to changed and it will work with other non-modified vic-1 stuff. They are cost prohibitive and I am going to try to find a way to allow the ANR headsets to be used with the vic-1 control stations. Any one with some knowledge or information on what needs to be done please speak up in my other thread about bose headsets.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Chuck:
It seems to me that you could power the noise cancelling circuitry from a battery or powersupply and wiring it into a female socket to plug the thing into. These ones should be Caveat Emptor since they are clearly not released by the US Government properly and could get you in sling

ida34

The bose headset has a battery built in but I think it is to power the ANR function while dismounted. I will post when or if I ever have it figured out.

Dmbuhan

Well If i still had the bags, the non magnetic bags. made of some metal. that they came in they had signitures of some one who approved there So called release but i Riped them off when i installed it. I get about 100 different Military items a week in the garrbage. So i dought someone is stealling them. Well I got a guy thats asking for them for $900 and well I guess that concludes my interset in the site.. See yall a around

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dmbuhan said:
Well I got a guy thats asking for them for $900 and well I guess that concludes my interset in the site.. See yall a around
See ya, sorry that you couldn't sell your stuff here. Thanks for all the great input you provided to the members over the months! Perhaps we'll see you over at the Rhino forum!

EO2NMCB

What good ( other than a paper weight) would a SINCGARS radio be good for? I'd have no way to put the fills in it, cause I'm sure it would have been "Z" ed out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks