• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vic 3 intercom System up for sale

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Guys:
I know that the issue is a sore one and it just was my read that the parts he had pictures of were the same ones I was trying to get in quantity for installation in our vehicles in Iraq. They would not have been thrown out if properly disposed of.

Chuck is right and I am not mad at the guy I think he is a hero for saving them out of the trash. My whole reason for asking for serial numbers was to use the assets I have available to track down the items to find out the last dispositon of the item in the system. If they came back coded out they would have been transfered to DRMO for DEMIL and disposal.

These were obviously in at the minimum repairable condition and it surprized me to see them for sale and his price was a bargin for what he was selling it was certainly Caveat Emptor though because of the items classification.

Don't denigrate the guy for his price I use this excuse to my wife all the time when I tell her the M109 cost the government 90 thousand dollars and I got it for pennies on the dollar.

ida34

I was thinking about this last night. I am pretty cheap by nature and that put me out of the running but that is me. I knew he would find someone to buy it at the price he was asking. The price was probably a good one for what you were getting and if you had enough money to have armor then no problem. I think the problem was the fact he asked if the price was out of line then got attitude when some suggested the price was too high. If the deal included the bose headsets then the price was probably a good one. If you figure all the nickel and dime costs to put together a like vic-1 system you would have about $300 or $400 in it based on normal ebay type prices. If you went to a surplus retailer you would probably put out more like $700 or $800 for the vic 1 system. The system has built in circuit breaking capability so that would equate to getting a MX-7777 for the vic1 system also. I don't think the price was most of the problem with the thread going south. I think it was his attitude when people gave him the opinion he asked for.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They keep posting, I keep reading. :cookoo:

We need a pistol to your own head, Emoticon!

HawkeyeMech

CARNAC: Yeah I saw that - I guess I was hoping things had eased up on it since the AN/VIC-5 is out now and LVS is getting so popular. If anyone needs SINCGARS let me know; I might-could be good with comm's and crypto and stuff...

aspann: thanks for the welcome!!!

Attackpilot

Just joined. As with this post looking for VIC 3 information? Anything would be helpful....has anyone put together a cable list or NSN numbers to look for while browsing for gear.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a look at the manual, TM 11-5830-263-20&P. It has diagrams and lists the cables needed for various installations.
There is a -10 operators manual as well.

If you can't find the manuals online, send me a PM with you email address and I will forward the .pdf.

Cheers

Last edited:

Attackpilot

Thanks, I downloaded the - 10 manual. My email is attackpilot49@yahoo.com..love to have the -20 or anything else you might have for the VIC 3. Just staring to look for new setup. Big thing is CX codes and NSN for the cables. Not to say people make mistakes but it can get costly to shotgun it and purchasing.

I have a little of the VIC -1 stuff left. NOS etc...AN 1780/ and bailout cords. Great system overall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks