• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Always have a couple of blondes handy when you get stuck!

M1075

I saw this picture of an M1070 Heavy Equipment Transporter (HET) stuck and it just made me smile. :) A little turn of the CTIS dial may have helped prevent this. Dig girls, dig!

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's probably not too late to let air out at this point. Perhaps 15 psi tire pressure may get a guy going in a sitaution like this (even after sinking in). Don't know, driving in sand is not among my past experiences.

PS. Jed, I don't think the door is tan, it's the way the light is hitting it.

JCease

I have driven a few civilian trucks on sand, suburbans, blazers, jeeps, full size pickups...etc... If you drop the air down to around 25 on most vehicles you can go almost anywhere... Sometimes the sand is hard and you don't need to drop any pressure, but sometimes it is soft and you have to drop a lot of pressure. The truck probably isn't far off the paved road, so it may be stateside...Califonia maybe? The trailer looks like it might be a little dirtier!! Either way, the driver has the right idea, sit and watch!!!

Crazyguyla

emmado22 said:
No truck washes in the desert... I still say it is photshopped...
There are truck washes in the desert (Iraq). We were required to spray down our vehicles atleast once a week before dispatching.

It looks like the door is painted tan, very indigative of an NTC vehicle. Also, the door is to thin to be uparmoured, those things are thick!! :) I think it's NTC, because if it was Iraq, where's the weapons?? Guards?? Why is the impact wrench and airhose just laying in the sand??

carguy455

The color contrasts look strange in that pic...maybe its just my laptop..

One of those "ladies" is kinda big, apparently the military doesnt require tons of physical fitness anymore.....lol

I'd say no matter what or where...DESERTS SUCK, SAND SUCKS, GETTING STUCK SUCKS !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks