• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Always have a couple of blondes handy when you get stuck!

baja_power

Ever notice alot of trucks at GL have different colored doors. Means nothing..

CT has posted a picture of a deuce in gulf war 1. and its clean.. plus it rains over there ( once in a great while).

NEIOWA

carguy455 said:
One of those "ladies" is kinda big, apparently the military doesnt require tons of physical fitness anymore.....lol
Anymore? The Army never has cared if the girls in uniform were in shaped or pulled their "weight". PC requirement not functional.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dunno. I still think the sand arround the tires looks photoshopped. NTC, very possible.. Cant find anything on the transpo company on the bumper # in the 2nd pic other than they deployed to GW1

acrane

Look at the horizon in the background, absolutley flat. I didn't think the NTC was that flat, I know they have some ridges and hills around there. Maybe Kuwait?

NEIOWA

acrane said:
Look at the horizon in the background, absolutley flat. I didn't think the NTC was that flat, I know they have some ridges and hills around there. Maybe Kuwait?
My thought also. Does not look like NTC to me (at least circa 1987).

rdixiemiller

I learned to drive in Fla. white sand.
First rule: You don't want an agressive tread, old aircraft tires are best.
Second rule: Run as low an air pressure as possible without damaging tires or rolling them off the rims.
Third rule: Keep the weight as even as possible front to rear axle.
Follow the rules, and you can go almost anywhere in a 4x4 in the sand.
Violate the rules, such as an agressive mud grip tire at 30 psi, and you can dig a hole to China in 10 seconds.

davidkroberts

ahhhh......... Kuwait they just dont make sand like that just anywhere. Pretty much from Diwaniya south down Tampa its a nasty talcom powder mess of moondust. :roll:

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is legit. I wouldn't try to pull a fast one on you guys! Here is another greenie in the desert.
Hill billy armor I rember thoes days and did you guys rember no air cond
what a bear to deal with 160 f in the cab and full battel rattel.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RDD,
Do you know what makes up a M1070 Uparmored kit??????
I know what the up armor kit con of look at my avatar and the het system weight around 96000 lbs aprox with out armor with all of the BII and full of fuel.
Up armor het is around 105000 lbs and when you turn right or left It feel like the cab going roll of the frame and if the air dont work for get it it is NMC.
M1070 HET Tractor and M1000 trailer.:mrgreen:

davidkroberts

Hill billy armor I rember thoes days and did you guys rember no air cond
what a bear to deal with 160 f in the cab and full battel rattel.

I remember being in a uparmored with no AC (working anyway) in western Iraq in August i think it was close to 130 outside. Somebody just couldnt take it anymore and cracked the armored window in the humvee and it felt like a spring breeze compaired to what it was inside the cab.......you didnt realize how hot it was until then

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the Cem for mop hose and turned on the fan with 3 on street side my co oprator used the 2 on his side and bottle water. Weeeeeee weeeee.

dc3coyote

You have never gotten to play in the Afghan moondust. Down in Kandahar it easily gets to being knee deep. Having played in all three countries Afghan wins.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember being in a uparmored with no AC (working anyway) in western Iraq in August i think it was close to 130 outside. Somebody just couldnt take it anymore and cracked the armored window in the humvee and it felt like a spring breeze compaired to what it was inside the cab.......you didnt realize how hot it was until then
Aint that the truth heck at night sleeping on the deck of the het I slept in the winter sleeping bag to stay warm at 100f at night or better TQ
Hotel Cailforina at the rock over by the defac MCX.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks