• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Super Singles

Monster Man

nice! I think the best way is to have them hosted, every week it seems like a new free photo hoster pops up, so one of them should work :)
would love to see the fullsize ones, great looking truck!

Monster Man

NICE!, yup that worked

so, are those 14.00x20's? I always though they physically would not fit without spacing the axles out?

M1075

Forgot to mention these are Michelin XML 395/85R20 tires on custom double beadlock rims with run flat inserts. I'm pretty sure the 1400s would be too big. I have the 1400s on the 5ton and that is right tire for that application. The 395s tires are 14ply, stand 46" tall and are a perfect fit for the deuce. The only concern I had was possible rubbing on a hydraulic ram we mounted outstide the frame on the front left for power steering. No problems so far. I'll try to keep you updated.

spicergear

How close are you to your exhaust pipe at the back of the fender? If you clear with those wheels, I should clear with the ones I get on and my same size XL's as I'll have about 2" more backspacing which will reduce the amount of swing as the tire turns.

LOOKING GOOD MAN!!! I do like how your backspacking puts the tires at the edge of the bed. Great look!

M1075

Tom-

I have added a few more pics. Hopefully, these can answer your questions. Now that the pics work, this is sooooooo easy to post pictures. Fantastic! I expect to see a lot more pictures from everyone.

spicergear

That second one is exactly the pic I was looking for! Thanks. Could you PM me on how you posted those. The way I had been posting pics isn't working anymore. Grrrr.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a working deuce to me!
How close are the rear tires? Doesn't appear to be enough space for chains.
Like those tires, but need my chains a lot... snow mud, you name it. Never leave home without them.

M1075

Bjorn-

I haven't measured the spacing between the rear tires, but I think it is 4 or 5". I think some of the pics looked closer because of the angle and mud on the tires. See if this one helps you see it better. If anyone gets tired of me posting pics, just shoot me. It is so easy now that steelsoldiers got it going!

Desert Rat

M1075,
I'd love to see that truck once we make it down to Houston. I've got a bunch of other questions too, btu for once we're there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks