• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Super Singles

weewillywinky

i know nothing about the various rims available, so I need help. I want the big-old-wide tires on my deuce, but don't know where to start. for the 395/85 r20 tires (or similar) what rims do I need? Will the A3 rims be the right size and fit my existing deuce bolt pattern? or do I need rims for a 5-ton?? modified?? custom rims?? if you could break it down into "baby-steps' for my little brain, Iwould be VERY grateful. thanks.

M1075

WWW-

You have several options to get the look you want.

1. Take two stock deuce rims, cut in half and reweld to form a 10" wide rim. M35 products has done this.
2. Get 5 ton beadlock rims and machine a custom center with the duece lug pattern and bolt in. Spicergear is working on this.
3. Get A3 wheels. Probably hard to find and expensive.
4. Make/Buy custom double beadlock rims for the duece. I have two sets. One is for sale.

M1075

RDM-

You can go either way. Weld it up and use the split ring (looks like stock rim, only 10" wide), or get new centers and leave as two halves (2 piece bolt together design with or without beadlock insert). My radials are tubeless and are on the 2 piece double beadlock rims. One half shown in the pic.

rdixiemiller

For the price of tubes and flaps for the big radials, I would probably want to run tubeless. I wonder if you could recenter tubeless supersingle trailer wheels? I have access to a big enough lathe to work 20" wheels, and the welding lathe to make the welding process easy.
How hard are the 5 ton wheels to find, and how many $ ?
Spicergear, ever get your adapters made up?

spicergear

I had a guy that was interested in buying the five ton wheels and then I was gonna get a set of Stazworks double beadlock jobbies. The guy seems to have disappeared. I'll prolly get them made soon.

Gatnom

Gerhard: How did you make your wheels? I have a lathe big enough to turn 20 inchers, but have not been able to decide what parts to collect to end up with what I'll need. Also, where did you run your exhaust out at? Dave

rdixiemiller

Gerhard
Looks like an LD 465 truck? With the stock muffler and exhaust?
Let us have the details on how you built up the wheels. I have been considering doing the same myself.

Please add your location to your signature, that way we know where you hang out! Throw in the details on your truck, looks really clean!
Great looking wheels!

stagehc

update: I just tried getting these blasted englishmen to do this for me. showed the pic and everything...no way, wont do it, just not done mate. ugh!

so, having a new set of rims made for about 180$ each locally to put the 395's on :-(

Cole

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks