• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

poppop,s M37 restore thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Seeing all these resto threads, has me itching to actually do one.
I told you while you had the bed off the wrecker at the rally you needed to bring a diesel compressor and a blaster and do the back of the wrecker and have a paint party.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
PROGRESS, the rain quit, the wind laid and it was warm so we sprayed some paint today. The frame, engine, wheels and lockrings, driveshafts and some other parts have two coats of epoxy. We ran two guns for a while but the big air compressor did not like that. So I switched to a smaller compressor for my gun and it burned a wire into. Every thing looks good but I have used over half my primer and am not anywhere near half done. Tomorrow we will spray some more epoxy and put color on everthing we sprayed today.

View attachment 416828View attachment 416827View attachment 416829View attachment 416830View attachment 416831

I like your improvised rack-simple, cheap and effective.

Looks really good Poppop-I reserve this compliment for a select few, but you're doing it right.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking great!

What's the painters name? He does fine work.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I certainly agree...EXCEPT...the feller in pic #4 is not wearing blue rubber gloves!!!:roll:
Not everyone is as meticulous as I am. :mrgreen:

poppop

PB, you are correct, he does not have gloves on, we need to progress to those. He has a mask on because I insested but i know we need more than that.

Eric, His name is Efrain Villegas and he has been with me on the Farm for 21 years. I do not memtion him much because I do not want to start something about Mexicans in this Country. His family is like Family to me and I will not put up with anyone talking down to him. I would love to bring him to the next Ga. Rally to drive this truck but am afraid he will not be accepted and I will not subject him to that.

I also painted some of what you see so I think I am equal to Efrain in painting ability. He did work in a body shop in Mexico for a time.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, all the work looks great so far.

You both deserve a lot of credit.

I would love to meet Efrain at the Ga rally. If he enjoys the trucks and the work and like minded people, he would fit right in .

3dAngus

He would be accepted. To **** with anyone who would not. Maybe they should leave.
The Ga. Rally is open to everyone. Bring him. I'll buy him a steak dinner on Saturday (if they still have it).

Far as I'm concerned, 21 years and he should be family.

Lloyd, Great Work!

I can't believe I just came across this thread tonight. I was just in the Boro this past weekend and if I would have known about this I would have stopped by to admire your work and to offer some assistance. Hopefully next time.

I'm sure that this truck will be a huge draw at the farmers market. Don't you also have a produce stand along the Hwy (67 I think)? I would be sure to park it out there because people who hadn't even thought about buying produce will probably stop to admire the truck. Once they stop they're bound to buy something, especially if they smell boiled peanuts cooking.

zout

Lloyd - the excellent work continues - great pics and thanks for the update while the farm work has to
get done as well.

We'll be camping in the old area RV section this year at the rally and I would be honored to have Efrain and yourself
hang out - enough said about that I guess huh.

He is laying that paint down as smooth as a babies butt - he knows what he's doing (Can he give Clinto lessons) :doh:

:not worthy: I'm not posting any more of my work pics :not worthy:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, you are correct, he does not have gloves on, we need to progress to those. He has a mask on because I insested but i know we need more than that.
Eric, His name is Efrain Villegas and he has been with me on the Farm for 21 years. I do not memtion him much because I do not want to start something about Mexicans in this Country. His family is like Family to me and I will not put up with anyone talking down to him. I would love to bring him to the next Ga. Rally to drive this truck but am afraid he will not be accepted and I will not subject him to that.
I also painted some of what you see so I think I am equal to Efrain in painting ability. He did work in a body shop in Mexico for a time.
You need to bring your friend to the rally Lloyd!!! Don't worry...nobody will mess with him or you!!

poppop

Eric, you have already met Him. That was when you,
Lane, and Gimp followed De and I home from the Fl Rally and stayed a day on the Farm.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't stop in on that trip. I flew home from that rally. Rod was with them.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah! I forgot about that!

That sure was a fun time!

poppop

100_2742 (Small).JPG100_2740 (Small).JPG100_2741 (Small).JPG

It was really to windy to paint today but I did not want to miss the window for recoat where we would have to scuff it up so we painted. Wind did not blow constatly just gusts. Primed a lot of small pieces first and them started shooting color. Man this paint layed down sweet. I was worried about what the color would look like but I like it very well. I had an early meeting tonight and had to leave so I don't know how much Efrain got done. These pictures are when I left.

poppop

Yesterday we wrapped up everything we had started painting on. Most of the small parts are painted and the fenders are primed both sides and finished on the back. They need some filling of rust pits before they are painted. When the weather warms back up and we get a few things done on the farm then we will attack the cab and rest of small parts and the hood. The bed will be last as everything else can be finished before the bed has to be installed.

Well I forgot to save my pictures to the computer and now it won't do it. I need to restart the computer and will add pictures shortly.

100_2747 (Small).JPG100_2744 (Small).JPG100_2745 (Small).JPG100_2748 (Small).JPG100_2746 (Small).JPG100_2743 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks