• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't close that up with a weld or some brazing?

Is it the rust that's the problem, or the heat at the manifold (for the braze)?
When I got the truck the manifold was the only thing holding the exhaust on, guess all that pressure cracked it. I'm not going to try and fix it. I'll just pull another off one of the parts M37/M42's at the surplus store here.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, Jim........I might have one or two on my parts trucks. Would have go to Provo and check. Let me know. Looking good Jim.
I'll find out tomorrow about a complete spare engine...

Pretty sure in Provo, there's only one with an engine in it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I am ready to start installing parts (when ever my gasket kit arrives). Worked a deal on a spare engine-for scrap price! I'll pick that up sometime this week.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What kind of axle shafts and U joints are those?
Not sure what they are called but they are a greasy mess when removed! That whole hub was totally packed with grease when I took it apart. Going back together Monday-hopefully! The first year class starts frame straightening next week and I don't want my truck anywhere around when they do-especially on the rack! [thumbzup]

Another Ahab

So work on my M37, and i need to find some cab panels did you have any luck
I'm having a little trouble picturing where on your M37 that pic was taken (I fell on my head, as a kid):

- Is that the hood mechanism at the top of the pic, so this is between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment, starboard-side; is that it?

Another Ahab

So work on my M37, and i need to find some cab pannals did you have any luck
I'm having a little trouble picturing where on your M37 that pic was taken (I fell on my head, as a kid):

- Is that the hood mechanism at the top of the pic, so this is between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment, starboard-side; is that it?
Disregard the post:

- I just looked back again, and picked up on the tire (NDT) at the lower right. Got it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks