• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally restoring the M37

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some more updates from the engine. Going in sometime this month. The last picture is of my first attempt at airbrushing during my custom paint class. Other side of front axle parts get painted Monday.

Attachments

GUNNY 155

Did you remove all the freeze plugs and flush the block? I have found in many cases the lower portion of the water jack on these engines is filled with gunk making for poor coolant circulation and high cylinder temps. Now is also a good time to pull the coolant distribution tube and inspect it while you have the water pump removed. Just a thought on my part.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you remove all the freeze plugs and flush the block? I have found in many cases the lower portion of the water jack on these engines is filled with gunk making for poor coolant circulation and high cylinder temps. Now is also a good time to pull the coolant distribution tube and inspect it while you have the water pump removed. Just a thought on my part.
No, it looks like it was rebuilt in the past, all coolant passages looks very clean.

02smokemaker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good deal. I paid 4800 for my elite double bank. But they had a deal I got a free solus ultra with it!! Free 3500 dollar scanner.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

SturmTyger380

Your airbrush work looks good! When I was a kid I did some airbrushing. I got tired of cutting stencils to mask all the bits and pieces of the work. I have a few Paasche airbrushes, both double and single action. I think I still have an ab turbo if I can find it.

Another Ahab

Your airbrush work looks good! When I was a kid I did some airbrushing. I got tired of cutting stencils to mask all the bits and pieces of the work. I have a few Paasche airbrushes, both double and single action. I think I still have an ab turbo if I can find it.
I know what that means in regard to side-arms, but sure don't know much about airbrushes:

- What's the airbrush difference?

SturmTyger380

In the airbrush world if you have a single action, the button you mash opens the air flow, then the air passes over the opening of the paint cup and uses the same venturi effect that a carburetor uses to vaporize the paint and spray fine droplets on the paper. On these single action brushes if you want more paint you have to unscrew the nozzle to allow more paint to get picked up.

A double action airbrush, you mash the button to open the airflow, but you can also pull back on the button/lever and pull the internal needle back and open the flow of paint from the paint cup.

The AB turbo is different. On this one when you mash the button the air turns a small wheel that picks up the paint in the cup and throws it out into the air stream. The AB is capable of a very fine stream of paint.

Almost all the pros use a double action due to the control of the air and paint. Hobby folks can get by using the single action to spray coats of small amounts of paint. The AB has a hard core of followers but this is dwindling.

Have you ever seen photos of the Vargas Girls paintings? They are all airbrushed art. Alan

SturmTyger380

Airbrushing is very close to doing a water color with a brush. You use the color of the base paper, canvas or board to provide your light. Then the challenge is to add the correct shading to provide the shape and coloring of the item. Vargas was a master at this and making his images glow. Keep in mind his paintings were done large like Normal Rockwell and were reduced for publication.

A master at the airbrush can use a French curve or a mask they have cut, holding it at a different height and angle while shooting with the air brush to create all kind of effects.

Okay I have hijacked this tread enough. :grin:

Bill W

Looking REAL good, I like the yellow cad bolts but thats just me :mrgreen:
I know I mentioned it before, You'll be installing the front side cowl/fender welting soon and just a suggestion, I used wide head aluminum rivets spaced about 1 1/2" apart (see pic) to install mine and was very happy with the results, just saying

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks