• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the YEAR 2015 - VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV 2015 of the YEAR

• 67beast

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • taylordc15

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • cranetruck

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • M920

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • sandcobra164

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • papabear

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • camoyj7

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • wscougarx

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Helldriverharry

• walkerhunter

• Castle Bravo

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • M215

Votes: 24 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sandcobra164

WooHoo, and I thought I had some competition in May!!! This will be an interesting vote to watch unfold!!! It looks like the State of Georgia is well represented on here so I say Vote for a Georgia Truck. And of course, when I say that I really mean Vote for Sarge!!!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...I REALLY wanted to vote for my K18-C but there are four CAMO folks in the running and I just decided to vote for Helldiver Harry's pristine MB and hope for the best for everyone.

I can tell y'all this...there's some SUPER MVs to choose from this year!![thumbzup]:beer:

sandcobra164

All original and in pristine condition, in private hands and still hauling troops to parades is the way to vote!!! I've heard the saying that you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I've put no paint or lipstick on mine and in my little buddies eyes is the nicest truck on the list. True, an M920 hauling a train is cool but Sarge has a way tighter turning radius. He even fits in a normal parking space and can go trail riding in Durhamtown!!! Try that in a M920!!! I need a surge of CUCV fans to vote for me! We broke new ground when a CUCV won truck of the month. The New Challenge is here!!

Gigi

I want papabear to win because I got to ride in the K18 and it was fabulous!! Plus...who else has one that runs, drives, and stops and looks so darn good??

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sand I hate to tell you this but my 923A2 fits in a parking spot and been on trails at Durham that cutvees can only dream and wish they could go.
Next year we can play follow the leader.

sandcobra164

Ken,
Keep the snatch strap in the bed hooked to the pintle. I'll loosen the cotter key to the shackles and keep a pair of pliers in my pocket. I also have an M923 recently converted to A1 status. I was referring to M920's entry to which he has a trailer and a Steam Locomotive on the back on. That's pretty hard to beat anyway you look at it. Perhaps I should have said M915 series of trucks and our cargo's are M939 series trucks.

Joseph

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem Joseph! I knew which truck you were talking about just stirring the pot a little. I still want to play follow the leader you up to it.
I think we will have fun.

sandcobra164

I'm game!! I wanted you to keep the snatch strap hooked to the pintle in case Sarge has to drag it up the hill backwards. You're bringing your Jeep on the trails, right? Two 5 tons stuck make for quite a recovery job. Mine will be towing the M1028 on the way up and will probably stay parked. M923 that is, Sarge love's the trails!

Last edited:

67Beast

Thanks everybody, here is my 1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 that I bought in Sept. of 2004 and began restoration in Dec. of 04' and rolled out of my shop April of 2005 all finished. Restoration was a complete frame off and every piece of metal was stripped to bare metal. This was my first MV and has led to my green iron disease which has led me to a total of 6 vehicles in my current motorpool. She is no trailer queen and I drive quite often, especially in the summer with the top down. In 2011 I displayed it at the Dayton MVPA Conv. and won a gold metal with it. Enjoy the pics and good luck to everyone as all the vehicles look great. This vehicle was marked for the 313th ASA out of FT. Bragg which was a unit my father served with in the early 60's. They were sent to Key West FL. during the Cuban Missile Crisis and stayed in a brand new hotel while there (rough duty, lol). The most fun I have with this and all my other MV's is getting the opportunity help with the local veterans in parades around the area. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veterans Day, and the Moving Vietnam Wall to name just some of the great area parades we have taken the vehicles to.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always, I feel like I am being shown a box of lovely apples, oranges, pears, tangerines, and melons, and being asked "Which is the best one?"

There are no slugs in the bunch to help narrow the field...How do you choose? Originality? Modification? Rarity? Accessories? Friendship?

Cheers

sandcobra164

As always, I feel like I am being shown a box of lovely apples, oranges, pears, tangerines, and melons, and being asked "Which is the best one?"

There are no slugs in the bunch to help narrow the field...How do you choose? Originality? Modification? Rarity? Accessories? Friendship?

Cheers
Rory,

Oh, that conundrum!!! It's Easy, Vote for Sarge!!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Folks, I really goofed on the poll. I forgot to check make it public when I created the poll. With how things work the only way to fix that is to strip the poll and start over. In lieu of that, I'd like to offer up a screenshot at the end of the poll from the admin control panel to verify there was no double voting or trickery at hand. If that's ok with the masses.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Folks, I really goofed on the poll. I forgot to check make it public when I created the poll. With how things work the only way to fix that is to strip the poll and start over. In lieu of that, I'd like to offer up a screenshot at the end of the poll from the admin control panel to verify there was no double voting or trickery at hand. If that's ok with the masses.
I say go for it as is. It's not worth the effort starting over.

I'm not worried about double voting or trickery but I AM a little concerned about dead fellers voting!!:papabear::naner:

sandcobra164

Drew,
I honestly think it's better the way you posted the poll this month. I'm sure some would like to see the screen names on the end result. Anonymous voting however will likely encourage people to vote for the truck that they really think should win! It's not helping my chances at all from a look at the poll. Time to register my wife, 2 boys and 2 cats on this site. That'll put me at an even 8 votes and nowhere near where I need to be to take the lead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks