• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

#32 M1008 Project time again at Zouts

charlietango

this is great! This post has it all... Crown Royal, red heads, and olive drab.
I'm just about to do the same to a USMC 1028 I recovered a few years ago. Finally just gave it a heart transplant and get it in the shop for re-assembly/painting. Love to see projects like this unfold. Keep it up!

PS I live an hour away from the Crown Royal epicenter.... that rack looks empty of consumables...

zout

3rd interior coat applied - fans help dry it out but not hardened - masking removed and WA LA -------- M A G I C.
BTW - here is the paint used.20161122_084959_001.jpg20161122_104950.jpg20161122_105022_001.jpg20161122_105029_001.jpg20161122_105035_001.jpg20161122_125021_001.jpg20161122_125029_001.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Master Zout went to Michigan for the holiday so we are standing by for his return

I think it is about time!

Davoooo I picked up the m101 sides this weekend for the truck bed sides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Master Zout went to Michigan for the holiday so we are standing by for his return. I think it is about time!

Davoooo I picked up the m101 sides this weekend for the truck bed sides!
The Commander asked me to keep an eye on his AO while he and Zout-2 were in the Artic regions. I went by Saturday just to check things out and noticed the CUCV was missing from the workshop!!:shock:

Since you won't be needing those trailer sides you can just drop them off at the "hooch" as I have recently "acquired" a new project.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Commander asked me to keep an eye on his AO while he and Zout-2 were in the Artic regions. I went by Saturday just to check things out and noticed the CUCV was missing from the workshop!!:shock:

Since you won't be needing those trailer sides you can just drop them off at the "hooch" as I have recently "acquired" a new project.
Looks like we will need to put Baby Bear out to pasture as she has failed as an attack and watch dog !!! I bet if I look in your shop I might find the missing M1008.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you paint it with the glass/doors and instrument cluster in place?
Zout has some super paint gun that basically is almost like an airbrush. For instance, on the glass in the door as Doghead said you have a large hole in the inner door that should allow a ton of overspray to cover the door glass, but after careful inspection he outlines the hole which was not taped and has no overspray on the glass. He is painting the truck in sections and even if you look when he sprayed the primer he did not get any of the primer or overspray on the back of the cab.

If you ask him how, his reply is always the same

MAGIC

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout has some super paint gun that basically is almost like an airbrush. For instance, on the glass in the door as Doghead said you have a large hole in the inner door that should allow a ton of overspray to cover the door glass, but after careful inspection he outlines the hole which was not taped and has no overspray on the glass. He is painting the truck in sections and even if you look when he sprayed the primer he did not get any of the primer or overspray on the back of the cab.

If you ask him how, his reply is always the same

MAGIC

Magic Johnson is painting the truck? Swiss, you get me so confused!!

ROFLMBO

86m1028

I'm NOT criticizing this in any way BUT why not remove windshield, rear glass, vent windows & t-case shifter cover ???

It looks GREAT but I would think you would like the cleaner look with all the glass removed.

cucvrus

That is why I ask. I seen the pictures in 66. But I thought that was just doing the prep/primer stage so the vehicle could be moved in and out. I was NOT trying to be a wise guy either. I also completely gut everything I can before I paint. But to each his own. I always found problem spots in the pinch welds of the rear window/windshield openings. Some just minor rust imagesdog grinch.jpgbut still areas that needed attention. I only ask because I never seen it done that way. Happy Holidays.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well gentlemen, if we removed all the glass and components I would have to purchase a covered trailer and tow my truck out to all the mvpa shows only when the sun is shining and not take it out to the woods which is its purpose :)

charlietango

More work more money. I tried removing a rear window one day and the seal was so old and dried out it broke the window. Same with messing with the cluster circuit film and wires- sometimes if it ain't broke...don't touch it lol. My experience when being on a budget. My 1028 does not have new glass in the budget so far. Maybe a future thing If I keep it...

86m1028

Well gentlemen, if we removed all the glass and components I would have to purchase a covered trailer and tow my truck out to all the mvpa shows only when the sun is shining and not take it out to the woods which is its purpose :)

If that's the case, why remove the seat ?

Didnt say leave them out, just take them out to paint.
Under the windshield is a know issue for leaks & rust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks