• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobed deuce on 53" xzl's

SuperJoe

it seems that between here and the 4x4 pages i frequent, i am the only person that had a good dealing with 6x6. i ordered 4 tires and got one free. got them 1 day before delivery was promised. guess i am the one and a million. you state the top speed is alot higher. can the tires handle it. i cant find a speed rating on the xzl's

55Cameo

I don't know about a speed rating on the tires. I've heard people taking their trucks up to 80 with these xzl's (not on a deuce) My deuce was running 63mph with 11.00 r 20's at 2600rpm. With the 53" xzl's I haven't turned it over 1900rpm's so I don't know what top speed is yet. Needs clutch first.
Got the bed cut down last night. Cut 3' out of the front, cleaned it up, repaired some rust, and now I just have to weld it back together. Hopefully I can get it welded today and back onto the truck this weekend. Then I'll post more pics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
9' is the ideal bed length for a bobbed deuce. I'm glad you laid out the truck in correct proportions instead of letting that aft driveshaft dictate the wheelbase. Cool thing about using a deuce bed is you can chop 3' out of a top and put it all back together and it will look military.

sidewinder

Imstill waiting on rims I paid for over 2 months USA 6 x 6

M1075 said:
55Cameo said:
The wheels came from USA 6x6. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy!!!! Lies, Lies, Lies and then some.
:shock: I thought USA6x6 would have their act together by now. I guess some things never change.
Im still wait on rims for my 5 ton 10 bolt pattern from USA 6 x 6. Is there anyone else who will make a 10 bolt pattern for the 5 ton for my XZL tires.

Talk about lairs USA 6 x 6 every time I call they lie and tell me next week and then they tell me how low my order has been there. They took the order and money several months ago tick tick tick. VERY SLOW.

55Cameo

Stazworks makes nice wheels. There is also a guy in Jacksonville, Fl. who makes nice ones, I will see if I can dig up his #. Got the bed welded together today and started lifting the bed up so I can back the truck under it. Not really a fun or safe job, but I do with what I have. A lot of jacking and blocking up with 4x4's and 2x4's. It's tough getting the entire bed 58" off of the ground. I guess that I need a 5 ton wrecker!!! Hopefully have pics tomorrow of the installed bed.

m.walker

I took mine on a 150 mile trip at 60 mph and they didn't even get warm , I don't think you'll work them as hard as the military will .
USA6X6 , even if you get it on time doesn't mean it will be right . I got my 6 tires and wheels all mounted ( I did it myself ) only to find out all the center holes were cut out too small !!! He did offer to fix them but I would have to break all of them down ship them to him and wait for them to be fixed , then shipped back !I didn't feel like waiting forever so I ground them out myself ( 6 hours ) !!! I guess thats better than 6 months ! BUYER BEWARE !!!

Re: Imstill waiting on rims I paid for over 2 months USA 6

sidewinder said:
M1075 said:
55Cameo said:
The wheels came from USA 6x6. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy!!!! Lies, Lies, Lies and then some.
:shock: I thought USA6x6 would have their act together by now. I guess some things never change.
Im still wait on rims for my 5 ton 10 bolt pattern from USA 6 x 6. Is there anyone else who will make a 10 bolt pattern for the 5 ton for my XZL tires.
sidewinder.. Send me a pm on what your looking for. besides the bolt pattern. we can hook you up on something..

Stazworks is also a good place to get wheels. He has a couple month wait list. But when you get the wheels they are what he says they will be. Hes good.

55Cameo

I didn't know that there were Deuce wreckers. I had a 5 ton wrecker in the military and that was a lot of fun. Would have been great doing this project. My bottle jack has gotten a workout.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rizzo, your friends just left my house 2 transfer cases richer. They told me about the bobbed deuce on 53s. I gave them Matt's number, guess they are looking for front springs for a bobjob of their own. Mudfest is only a 60 mile trek from the house, I'll be gong next year.

rizzo

Recovry4x4 said:
Rizzo, your friends just left my house 2 transfer cases richer. They told me about the bobbed deuce on 53s. I gave them Matt's number, guess they are looking for front springs for a bobjob of their own. Mudfest is only a 60 mile trek from the house, I'll be gong next year.
I plan on going next year too. Hopefully I will have the 6bt into my M810 by that time and bring it.
I'm glad they were able to get those parts. Tom was the one who just got the deuce I was telling you about.
What truck would you bring?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
60 mile trek? Heck I'd bring both the cargo and the 108! I drive 71 miles to work everyday, what's 60 miles?

rizzo

OFW it is a stock M36 with the middle axle moved forward a bit.

kenny :driver: I may need someone with 20k on their backend to pull me out lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks