• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobed deuce on 53" xzl's

sweetk30

sorry 55cameo but you got me hooked bad. i need more pics and info. i just need more man. this thing has all the guys at work talkin. and thay are riding me hard to buy one and do it up asap. heck the gas station pic in page 1 with your guys at the front just gives a small idea of how BIG this thing is.

i have been looking at a few local trucks and thay are up there stock. i cant think of how big thay are like yours.

so in short i am hooked on your truck. give me some more update info/pics hell drive it and park it next to regular stuff and take pics.

thanks man keep up the good work.

55Cameo

Thanks,It is pretty big. I will take more pics in the next week or so. I am in the process of putting a new clutch in it. I will be taking it down to the Fl rally next weekend and I will get some pics of it next to stock Deuces to give you an idea of size. Here is 1 pic of my daughters civic next to it with me in the background (I'm 6'1") and another with me sitting on the roof.

Attachments

JohnnyReb

sweetk30 said:
sorry 55cameo but you got me hooked bad. i need more pics and info. i just need more man. this thing has all the guys at work talkin. and thay are riding me hard to buy one and do it up asap. heck the gas station pic in page 1 with your guys at the front just gives a small idea of how BIG this thing is.

i have been looking at a few local trucks and thay are up there stock. i cant think of how big thay are like yours.

so in short i am hooked on your truck. give me some more update info/pics heck drive it and park it next to regular stuff and take pics.

thanks man keep up the good work.
You'll gonna need a taller garage! :shock:

55Cameo

Yes, I do need a taller garage! That is the biggest that the homeowners association would let me build. I'm looking into another piece of property that I can build my 60'x100' shop on. There is never enough room.

55Cameo

I did have it down at the Fl Rally last weekend and got it pretty stuck in the swamp. Devilman got his Deuce stuck, I pulled him out, (had to snatch the living s**t out of him to get it out) then I proceded to drive right into the hole that he came out of to see if I could make it through. No such luck! Had 2 very nice fellas with Deuces hook together to pull me out. Then drove the 100+ miles home. The Deuce handles very well on the highway and offroad. The hydraulic steering makes it very nice offroad where you can steer it with a pinky. Sorry, didn't get any pics of it in the mud. There are a few on the Official Fl Rally pics and vids forum.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow Great thread and like the SS guy who wants to build one like it I say Woo Hoo sounds great. I would think one of those Camp Shelby M818's would make an awesome bob job with a diesel to boot.

Any thoughts of adding a winch to your truck?

55Cameo

Yeah, I thought about adding a winch. I'm not sure if I am going to or not though. Don't know if it is worth the $1000 to get everything to put it together. I don't have the PTO or anything on mine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SInce its an off roader and not stock, I'd do a rear winch. Moving the weight to thee back of the truck would help unload the heavy front end in the mud and you can always suck yourself back out of where you were going when forward momentum ceased.

55Cameo

Yeah, probably not the best in the mud, but they ride nice on the road. I've only been stuck once so far and that was at the Fl. Rally. The other places that I've taken it has been fine. I think that the rear locker helps alot! I'm thinking about putting a front one in also. Got a few on the shelf from my other project that has gone to Overson 2" shafts and lockers. As long as there is someone else to pull me out, I'm fine. Most of the places that I take it have a skidder or something to pull everyone out.

Jakob

Is frame stacking the only way to get lift out of the Duece without spending some serious cash?

Would the 53's fit on a stock setup 6x6 (with some lift of course)?

55Cameo

Yeah, both rear axles would have to go back. The frontmost rear axle would have to go back to clear the fuel tank, and there are only about 48" between the axles to begin with, so you would have to move the rear axle back to compensate for both tires radius.

Jakob

55Cameo said:
Yeah, both rear axles would have to go back. The frontmost rear axle would have to go back to clear the fuel tank, and there are only about 48" between the axles to begin with, so you would have to move the rear axle back to compensate for both tires radius.
Does the middle axle have to move back in reference to the problems you mentioned above? I'd rather relocate just the axles rather than everything else. I REALLY love the way the truck looks w/ the bed back on it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks