• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobed deuce on 53" xzl's

55Cameo

The middle axle will need to relocate for 53's so it will clear the fuel tank, If you were to relocate the fuel tank, and the spare if you have one after 53's, then you would only have to move the rearmost axle back at least 6".

russ81

Cameo,
Your truck looks great !!!.......I am using your pictures to set up my truck.
I'm doing a similar bob to my duce, and I already have the 53's. I getting ready to order my wheels, so I am just wanting to know how much back space did you put on your wheels?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

55Cameo

They are 12" wide x 20" with 6" of backspace. That makes the wheel nice and centered and nothing rubs anywhere. Are you planning to run hydraulic steering? Also, under NO circumstances, order wheels or anything else from USA 6x6! If you need anything else feel free to ask, pictures of particular items or info. Allan.

russ81

Perfect !
Thanks for the info. .....I have heard a lot of really bad things about USA6X6 on this site. I am looking to buy my wheels from Off Road Fab Works. I just purchased a wrecked F-650 4x4 Dump Truck, so there are a lot of parts I can swap to my duce including the power steering. I have spent the last 3 or 4 months of my life researching through this Forum getting every thing in my head how I want it.
I will post pic's as I progress through the project.

Thanks again for all the pic's you have posted. That has really helped me figure out how I want my truck to look.
Rusty

55Cameo

Offroadfabworks is a good choice for the parts. I think that you will be pleased with them. Any other pics that you might need just ask and I'll take them.

russ81

Thanks for the offer. I have saved most of the pic's I come across that I believe will help. I lied to you though. Stazworks is where I'm buying my wheels from. Not Offroadfabworks as previously stated. Stazworks makes a custom DISHED wheel. I believe that dished wheels are a better design for steel. Less flex on side loads, where as with flat steel plates you would need a gusset to eliminate the flex.

55Cameo

I was also looking at Stazworks for wheels but found a place in Jax. Fl. that makes them. I can just drive there and pick them up. Stazworks has those pressed centers that are really nice for sideload stresses and from what I hear they are very good to deal with.

russ81

RE: Mudding video

Just ordered my wheels. Ordered them from Boyce Equipment. They were $100 cheaper for each wheel then Stazworks.

55Cameo,

how did you balance your tires? Did you use Dyna Beads?

55Cameo

I used my own Dyna Beads. I purchased a 50lb. bucket of ceramic beads from Ceroglass. They are identical to the Dyna Beads from what I can tell, but they are only about $175 for 50lbs. I have balanced about 15 sets of tires with them and still have 1/2 of it left. Some of the tires that I balanced with them have over 50k miles on them without any wheel weights and they ride smooth. I put 2 1/2 lbs in each one of the xzl's to balance them. In my 35" tires on my f-250 I put 10oz in each one.

russ81

Cameo,

I googled Ceroglass, and found a lot of information about it, but I couldn't find a vendor. Who did you buy from? I have an F-250 with 35" TSL's, and I'm having trouble with balancing. Sounds like you highly recomend the bead.

55Cameo

I got them directly from ceroglass. The product is: 05145 BSLZ-3, (0.250-0.425 mm)Zirconium Silicate Bead.I paid $147.50 for the 50lb bucket in July of '06. You will also need to get some of the filtered valve cores. I got them from a tire supply store on the internet for about .50 each in bulk.
Ceroglass' phone # is 931-490-8030
website www.ceroglass.com

55Cameo

Some people that I know use the equal also. One of the benefits to the beads is that they don't soak up moisture. I have taken them out of a tire with 50k miles on them and they still look like new with 0 damage to rims or tires. The beads are tiny, smaller than sugar sand and they pour right through your valve stem with core removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks