• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobed deuce on 53" xzl's

joesco

I used Equal in my Humvee and did a fantastic job, here is the link. $25.00 per tire installed by a truck tire dealer (Sullivan Tire).

http://www.imiproducts.com/equal/how-equal-works.aspx

russ81 said:
Cameo,

I googled Ceroglass, and found a lot of information about it, but I couldn't find a vendor. Who did you buy from? I have an F-250 with 35" TSL's, and I'm having trouble with balancing. Sounds like you highly recomend the bead.

55Cameo

$100 per set for equal? Why would you use that when you can use the beads for less than $5 per set? I guess if you have only one set of tires that you want to balance for the rest of your life then I could see it.

russ81

I checked out Dyna Beads. It would have cost me $50 a tire for the 16 x 20's. So far the best deal I can find is the ones that 55Cameo recommends. Plus I like the ceramic beads better then the polymer beads in Equal. I've worked in a lot of different polymer manufacturing plants.........ceramic is a lot better by far.

j2sax

Great video! WHat a finsih

Well, if you were going for the intimidation factor at the close of that video... it worked! Your truck looks Bad as they come... congrats on the results of all that hard labor I am SURE!

I know these aren't rocketships, but what kind of difference in performance/ride/mileage did you see after the mods? Did you have a chance to run it without the mega tires for a more direct comparo?

I have thought about a Deuce but they are Kidney Killers in my experience... and I wouldn't want to drop the change for a set of Kings right away! If there was an easy way to get a ride that was liveable, I might have to add to the Full Size Jeep collection!

Thanks and have a great week... hope to see that Monster in real life someday!

Jesse
Near Springfield, MO

55Cameo

The ride isn't much different, if anything it is better. The mileage is about the same, 11mpg or so. The performance is less because of the bigger tires, but it does top out at 70mph now where it would only do about 60 before with the 11R 20's. I haven't turned up the pump any yet because I don't have a pyro gauge to keep tabs on it. It does get around much better with it being shorter and 1 less axle. Of course the hydraulic steering helps a lot with that.

It is getting harder and harder to keep up with the threads that are coming fast and furious! :shock:

I am glad this thread was listed again by Stretch as I had lost it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=27580

55 Cameo, Can you post a picture of your hydraulic pump setup for the steering? What unit did you use, brackets, etc. I would really like to emulate your project there.

joec

It is getting harder and harder to keep up with the threads that are coming fast and furious! :shock:

I am glad this thread was listed again by Stretch as I had lost it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=27580

55 Cameo, Can you post a picture of your hydraulic pump setup for the steering? What unit did you use, brackets, etc. I would really like to emulate your project there.

Good thread Gary!

dreadneck

very nice truck 55. the picks of your truck up next the other bobbed deuce shows that it just looks more correct moving the axle back on the frame than keeping the stock placement. i was trying to decide whether or not to move the axle back on my bob project and your pics sold me. thanx for the great thread

justcruzin76

nice deuce i love it!

Do you or anyone know where to buy or have made bigger springs? Instead of stacking the frame. I would like mine to articulate a little more. Or have any ideas to achieve this if I have my frame stacked?

velheru

55, Very nice build. I am wanting to do something like this in the future, but living in illinois, we have horrible lift laws. How far off the ground is the bottom of the frame, and both bumpers?

Again, awesome job!

ApopkaFL

Banned
Ill be honest I will never live some where that will tell me how much I can lift my trucks. As personal friend of Matt Steel ( Trucks Gone Wild ) WE do a lot of events together I see this problem a lot all over the states...... and it down right sucks...

velheru

Yeah I know the feeling, and illinois has some of the worst ones. If I could get out of this state I would, I prefer to be a little further west where they still believe in personal rights and freedom. But since I'm stuck here, I want to have a complete plan and all the knowledge I need before I get my project

offroadexpeditions

duece with 16.00 x R20

Just bobed my deuce last week. I purchased it in Clearwater, Fl. about 3 weeks ago. Lifted 8", removed rear axle, front deuce springs in rear, 53" xzl's on custom wheels, chrome moly locker from overson eng. in rear, full hydro steering from PSC, moved rear axle back 10", lengthened both drive shafts, and took it mudding! Still have to cut down the deuce bed and put in a new clutch. It was starting to go on the drive back from clearwater and the 53" tires did it in. Also drove it 45 miles each way after bob to Horse hole mud boggs in Inglis, Fl on Sat. Did great in the mud, never got stuck and no breakage. Will post more pics after bed installed.
Hi, I would like to know how does your truck handle the weight of these wheels anf tires. Have you done any heavy off road? Any problems with axle shafts, diffs, driveshafts, or tranny?
Peter

offroadexpeditions

53" tires

Just bobed my deuce last week. I purchased it in Clearwater, Fl. about 3 weeks ago. Lifted 8", removed rear axle, front deuce springs in rear, 53" xzl's on custom wheels, chrome moly locker from overson eng. in rear, full hydro steering from PSC, moved rear axle back 10", lengthened both drive shafts, and took it mudding! Still have to cut down the deuce bed and put in a new clutch. It was starting to go on the drive back from clearwater and the 53" tires did it in. Also drove it 45 miles each way after bob to Horse hole mud boggs in Inglis, Fl on Sat. Did great in the mud, never got stuck and no breakage. Will post more pics after bed installed.
Hi, Don't you have any issues with the weight of wheels? Are axle shafts, diffs, driveshafts, and tranny OK? I am thinking of doing the same for heavy off road, and would like to know if these parts will handle the stress. Peter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks