Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Another M1010 owner

Sergeant
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Texan View Post
    (Entire post)
    Wow, thank you! Timely info as I keep going back to my headlight adjustment and keep getting frustrated without solving the problems. I've tried many suggestions but just never can get the hardware to work and stay in place correctly. I am going to try this for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D6T View Post
    Wow, thank you! Timely info as I keep going back to my headlight adjustment and keep getting frustrated without solving the problems. I've tried many suggestions but just never can get the hardware to work and stay in place correctly. I am going to try this for sure.
    I haven't gotten more for the other two but I think they will work well! I still haven't attached them to the rad support but was able to hold them in place while I adjusted the headlight.

Thanks

Since I can adjust the lights much better now I decided to install some improvements. Had to disassemble the sockets and tighten up the wire connectors some but got everything working. Cleaned the rad support and the back of the bulb housing, assembled with some lube. And all new screws for the lens ring. Buttoned most everything up on the motor. Broke one of the vacuum lines off of the transmission vacuum valve...eBay to the rescue, $33.70 shipped. Need to bleed fuel system... added coolant. Crap... found a drip at the thermostat...tried snugging the bolts up some more but it wouldn't stop. Siphoned coolant out and will get new gaskets tomorrow...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

You might be better off using RTV on the thermostat and thread sealer on the bolts. I went through three gaskets before I gave in and sealed it up. Not a drip since.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sneekyeye View Post
    You might be better off using RTV on the thermostat and thread sealer on the bolts. I went through three gaskets before I gave in and sealed it up. Not a drip since.
    Thanks for the advice! I did use a gasket sealing compound when I put it together. Maybe I missed a spot! It was an annoying one that just produced a drip every 30 or so seconds. It slowed but wouldn't stop. I'll regroup on it tomorrow.

Thanks

My coolant leak issue was somewhat self induced. The thermostat must have shifted while assembling and I ended up tearing the gasket a little. Fixed and no longer leaking. The next leak has been at the fittings on the new fuel filter. I tracked down proper fitting for the housing and those leaks seem fixed as I started the bleeding procedure again. Batteries started getting a little weak while trying to bleed the hard lines, so out they came and back on the charger they went. Haven't finished that yet. I moved the voltmeter, made an extension with Packard connectors for it, and installed it in a new bracket. I've been running other wires for the passenger side fuel tank sender and cleaning things up...

Fitting Part #'s
    GATES 350290
    Edelmann 39114
    ACDelco 36-350290
    GATES 35029
    CONTINENTAL 11937
    CARQUEST 35029

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Texan For This Useful Post:

Terracoma (01-13-2019)

Thanks

Good: I finally got the fuel system bled and low and behold she runs again! Idled up briefly while cold and then idled down fairly smooth for a diesel. I topped off the coolant and checked for any leaks. Nothing dripping in the valley or below the truck. I put her in F and R, both engaged. I set off for a very short ride around on my friends farm. All seems ok! Need to adjust the vacuum switch for the transmission but no issues. Brakes don't feel half bad at all. I installed some new tail lights after discovering that under all the dirt duct tape was holding the one together and the other internally was rusted pretty bad. I got new ones with the proper connectors, scuffed and painted the inside with chrome paint, installed LED's and put them on the truck. Very bright now. I also installed some new marker lights.

Bad: I noticed some bubbles in the coolant when I first started the first time. I wrote it off to draining and refilling the cooling system and air bleeding through the system. I started her up a second time and as the motor warmed up took notice to the upper hose. She's building pressure so I have a feeling the head gasket's have most likely succumbed to age. I'm picking up a coolant tester to verify what I am already pretty sure of. But I might be looking for some heads to hurry the process along.
    Last edited by Mad Texan; 10-02-2018 at 08:13.

Thanks

Well, 25 minutes of testing resulted this...Started blue and ended blue

2 Star General
    Thanks

Wanted to like the previous post, on account of you getting her running and moving, but hard to do so with the possibility of a blown HG. Good to read that appears to be negative.

Solid progress,

11. The Following User Says Thank You to joshuak For This Useful Post:

Mad Texan (10-03-2018)

Thanks

I got a few more things done today... New turn signals came in today, I installed them and verified my LED's are working properly. New ones seem twice a bright as the old ones. I had never checked my reverse lights and when I did they didn't work. After adjusting the backup switch, all good! When I checked the dash light I think only one worked. So I finally pulled the cluster, cleaned it up some, and replaced all the bulbs with LED's. I'll have to check it at night to see how it looks.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast