Steel Soldiers is supported by:
It fits... like I said it needs a little massaging at the exhaust manifold flange. It's too big to fit inside the studs of the manifold to seat properly. I added a picture to show better what I mean by that. Use the old flare as a guide. My passenger side pipe exit is a few inches short from coming even with the body. I think it's due to working around the load proportioning valve. I'll just add some tips to make it up or many have just removed it. Then I could move it over some. As far as the mufflers, they are always a personal choice. I have driven it once more to the gas station and found it wasn't as bad as my initial assessment. It has some bark for sure but once I had it at 45-55 it wasn't bad. I held a conversation with my passenger without issue.So the Dynomax 89003 fits? Interesting option. Need to put that on order as the pipes in my 1031 are nearly gone. Not to mention ugly. Going to go with quieter mufflers.
That looks like a good plan for quieting down the cab. I haven't got that far so far. I did remove the jute from under the rubber mat which exposed some small issues... but nothing to bad. It might be spring before I get back to working inside the cab. Need to do the door and window seals as well. I would like to dig into the cowl area but haven't gotten to it yet...FYI, as far as noise reduction goes.... I used peal and seal as a base, then added foam and indoor/outdoor carpet.... Cost was around $100 IIRC.... I could talk normally, at 60...
I sold the truck, but it's butyl rubber, so, lasts forever... ..That looks like a good plan for quieting down the cab. I haven't got that far so far. I did remove the jute from under the rubber mat which exposed some small issues... but nothing to bad. It might be spring before I get back to working inside the cab. Need to do the door and window seals as well. I would like to dig into the cowl area but haven't gotten to it yet...
How has the peel and seal held up?
Don't worry! With us all at different points with our trucks, we are all making each other broke! If you think I don't have a laundry list of things to do... well. It grows faster that I get things done. My main focus when I started was getting her reliable, especially since she died on the road test when I was 5-6 hours from home. And was towed home as a non running vehicle. It did however help with negotiations...You guys are going to make me broke! I have to wait until next year to use my employee discount so I am making a list..exhaust, Dynamat or Peel and Seal, window seals/tracks..
I have the illumination lights for the inside of the box coming next week. Plus a Milton 501 inflator and Autometer pyro. Got the gasket set to do the port and polish intake job. Going to turn the fuel up, then water injection to dial back the temperature.
Thanks! I like that it's easy to add the tank but I didn't want all the wiring issues for the OE valve. So I took a different route. I still need a few things to finish up the other side but getting her running reliable has been the priority. Trying to get back to the pieces needed soon.NICE JOB! I'm really digging your extra fuel tank install. Thats on my list. First a 20 gallon side tank and a 50 gallon rear tank. 90 gallons total. Cant wait to see her done.
Well you just doubled your mileage. Thats a pretty good start. I installed a second tank on my M1028. My plan was to wire in a switch to change my fuel gauge from one tank to the other. That way I didn't need to add a second fuel gauge. I had planned to use manual valves like you did. Mine were pretty simple. I would of had multiple valves. I like the one you picked out.90 gallons should get you a fair distance... and a good dent in the wallet when you fill. But look forward to seeing how you do it. I admit when I removed the spare tire hanger I was looking at that space and wondering about a installing a blazer tank back there... maybe someday.
Thank You Joshuak!
You're right, the washer is holding it in place.I found that part number as well and was able to find the assembly which led me to the datasheet with the bulb info. This morning on Ebay I found some images of the holder. Looking at them I'm starting to believe the spring is in the body of the bulb holder itself...
We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!