• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Chambersburg, PA

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
2 locations

Vehicles, Wheeled items, Generators etc.
Lot off-base, near Letterkenny Army Depot
4647 Sunset Pike, Chambersburg, PA 17202
4647 Sunset Pike.jpg

Indoor items, palleted items etc.
GovPlanet Warehouse
2801 WCN Drive, Chambersburg, PA 17202
GovPlanet Warehouse 2801 WCN Drive.jpg
You have to stop in the driver check-in door first.

Warehouse need's a appointment. ✔

Field Lot pickup is any time it is open. First come, first served.

They are about 7 miles apart.

Don't forget your release paperwork.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this.

IF you are wanting to ship something out of the gov planet warehouse. You need to email your Bill of Lading, Release, Shipping label to GPEASTSHIPPING@Ritchiebros.com pickup hours are 0800 to 1400 for LTL/Freight and personal pickups. Use the address above on the WCN Drive.

Yellow Freight maintains drop trailers at the facility on Tuesday and Thursday. UPS Freight has a drop trailer there as well and picks it up one day a week. Any other LTL carrier can pickup between hours you just need to send everything the day before the scheduled pickup.

Contact information is as follows.

GovPlanet Warehouse- East Region
2801 WCN DR.
Chambersburg, PA 17202

Inbound/Outbound hours of operation- 0800-1400

gpeastshipping@ritchiebros.com

Warehouse Phone: 717-753-7500

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
That is great info. Why don't they publicize that info.

Whatever, we have it now. :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have family living about 35 miles away. They've picked up several loads for me from there. Last one was a generator trailer (I bought them a pintle and light). He is open to consider picking up for folks if it is a light trailer or a pallet or two. His truck has a cap on it so that would be a limiting factor. Cost? You'd have to discuss that with him. He'd mainly be picking up to hold for you to get on a weekend or maybe drop off to a freight company. If someone wants something, PM me and I'll provide his phone number. (My relatives are no longer able to assist in picking things up)

Last edited:

Crapgame

Anybody have any smaller crate items shipped out of LEAD? I was looking at an item but its in a huge unneccessary crate that puts it oversize for UPS and all that wood adds wasted weight.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
2 locations

Vehicles, Wheeled items, Generators etc.
Lot off-base, near Letterkenny Army Depot
4363 Sunset Pike, Chambersburg, PA 17202

Palleted items etc.
GovPlanet Warehouse
2801 WCN Drive, Chambersburg, PA 17202
You have to stop in the driver check-in door first.
Warehouse need's a appointment.
Don't forget your release paperwork.

Field Lot pickup is any time it is open.
Thanks for the info! Looks like I will be headed there for the first time this week...

fasttruck

If you get cute and try to pull a M105 out of this place with a pickup truck: PA truck inspectors have discovered area is fertile hunting ground for impounds. I always trailered my stuff out of there which eliminates those pesky problems with licensing, insurance, defective equipment and such that interest truck inspectors.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you get cute and try to pull a M105 out of this place with a pickup truck: PA truck inspectors have discovered area is fertile hunting ground for impounds. I always trailered my stuff out of there which eliminates those pesky problems with licensing, insurance, defective equipment and such that interest truck inspectors.
They stop everyone near there regardless of what they are driving, towing, or hauling. A member who frequents there was stopped 3 x on the same day in a 15 mile radius of the yard in a truck clearly marked "farm vehicle" so even you trailering it would get you stopped.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They stop everyone near there regardless of what they are driving, towing, or hauling. A member who frequents there was stopped 3 x on the same day in a 15 mile radius of the yard in a truck clearly marked "farm vehicle" so even you trailering it would get you stopped.
Maybe I should drive the M1010 out to pick up my pallet... :whistle:

technoid

Does anyone know if its ok to tow a generator bolted to its trailer with just the proper pindle hook hitch, chains and portable trailer lights without a plate. I looked up the exemption for trailers section 1302 article 11. Are these MEP gensets under 3,000 lbs legal to tow with no registration or plate? I cant talk to anyone at Penn Dot on the phone. Its all computers.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does Chambersburg have a freight loading dock at their warehouse?

My Carrier is billing me for inside pickup surcharge and I want to have my facts straight before I call?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does Chambersburg have a freight loading dock at their warehouse?

My Carrier is billing me for inside pickup surcharge and I want to have my facts straight before I call?
Yes. There are about 10 dock doors. Ive had central freight charge for inside pickup and i disputed it.

Yellow freight has a drop trailer there that loads out tuesdays and Thursdays. They don't charge me for an appointment or inside pickup there but they do at vegas location, where there is no drop trailer.

Attachments

fasttruck

"Inside pick-up charge ?" I have heard of carriers charging for inside DELIVERY, but a pick up at a loading dock ? Ask the carrier to furnish you with a copy of the applicable section in their tariff and se what it says.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Wes as that is exactly what I need and the aerial shot is icing on the cake.

Yes, I made the mistake booking Central. They have tried to screw me on the weight but there is a clear label showing the weight of the item. I disputed that and now this bs. Hindsight, I would have booked another carrier.

Be Aware of Central Transport! They are yellow trucks and trailers! These folks are different than Central Freight which is a different company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks