GovPlanet Chambersburg, PA

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Howdy,
2 locations

Vehicles, Wheeled items, Generators etc.
Lot off-base, near Letterkenny Army Depot
4363 Sunset Pike, Chambersburg, PA 17202
GovPlanet Yard 4363 Sunset Pike.jpg

palleted items etc.
GovPlanet Warehouse
2801 WCN Drive, Chambersburg, PA 17202
GovPlanet Warehouse 2801 WCN Drive.jpg
You have to stop in the driver check-in door first.

Warehouse need's a appointment.
Don't forget your release paperwork.

Field Lot pickup is any time it is open.

Last edited:

simp5782

I'm the dude, man!
I will bump this.

IF you are wanting to ship something out of the gov planet warehouse. You need to email your Bill of Lading, Release, Shipping label to GPEASTSHIPPING@Ritchiebros.com pickup hours are 0800 to 1400 for LTL/Freight and personal pickups. Use the address above on the WCN Drive.

Yellow Freight maintains drop trailers at the facility on Tuesday and Thursday. UPS Freight has a drop trailer there as well and picks it up one day a week. Any other LTL carrier can pickup between hours you just need to send everything the day before the scheduled pickup.

Contact information is as follows.

GovPlanet Warehouse- East Region
2801 WCN DR.
Chambersburg, PA 17202

Inbound/Outbound hours of operation- 0800-1400

gpeastshipping@ritchiebros.com

Warehouse Phone: 717-753-7500

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
I have family living about 35 miles away. They've picked up several loads for me from there. Last one was a generator trailer (I bought them a pintle and light). He is open to consider picking up for folks if it is a light trailer or a pallet or two. His truck has a cap on it so that would be a limiting factor. Cost? You'd have to discuss that with him. He'd mainly be picking up to hold for you to get on a weekend or maybe drop off to a freight company. If someone wants something, PM me and I'll provide his phone number.

Crapgame

Anybody have any smaller crate items shipped out of LEAD? I was looking at an item but its in a huge unneccessary crate that puts it oversize for UPS and all that wood adds wasted weight.

Mad Texan

Howdy,
2 locations

Vehicles, Wheeled items, Generators etc.
Lot off-base, near Letterkenny Army Depot
4363 Sunset Pike, Chambersburg, PA 17202

Palleted items etc.
GovPlanet Warehouse
2801 WCN Drive, Chambersburg, PA 17202
You have to stop in the driver check-in door first.
Warehouse need's a appointment.
Don't forget your release paperwork.

Field Lot pickup is any time it is open.
Thanks for the info! Looks like I will be headed there for the first time this week...

fasttruck

If you get cute and try to pull a M105 out of this place with a pickup truck: PA truck inspectors have discovered area is fertile hunting ground for impounds. I always trailered my stuff out of there which eliminates those pesky problems with licensing, insurance, defective equipment and such that interest truck inspectors.

simp5782

I'm the dude, man!
If you get cute and try to pull a M105 out of this place with a pickup truck: PA truck inspectors have discovered area is fertile hunting ground for impounds. I always trailered my stuff out of there which eliminates those pesky problems with licensing, insurance, defective equipment and such that interest truck inspectors.
They stop everyone near there regardless of what they are driving, towing, or hauling. A member who frequents there was stopped 3 x on the same day in a 15 mile radius of the yard in a truck clearly marked "farm vehicle" so even you trailering it would get you stopped.

Mad Texan

They stop everyone near there regardless of what they are driving, towing, or hauling. A member who frequents there was stopped 3 x on the same day in a 15 mile radius of the yard in a truck clearly marked "farm vehicle" so even you trailering it would get you stopped.
Maybe I should drive the M1010 out to pick up my pallet... :whistle:

technoid

Does anyone know if its ok to tow a generator bolted to its trailer with just the proper pindle hook hitch, chains and portable trailer lights without a plate. I looked up the exemption for trailers section 1302 article 11. Are these MEP gensets under 3,000 lbs legal to tow with no registration or plate? I cant talk to anyone at Penn Dot on the phone. Its all computers.