• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Chambersburg, PA

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Inside pick-up charge ?" I have heard of carriers charging for inside DELIVERY, but a pick up at a loading dock ? Ask the carrier to furnish you with a copy of the applicable section in their tariff and se what it says.

I booked through a 3rd party CH Robinson. So far they seem to be trying to help. I charged on my credit card and might involve Visa also.

$144 quote has now ballooned to $365

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well a sharply worded email and a picture has resolved the dispute.

The weight charges & "inspection" charges have been reversed to the "original" weight quoted. The "inside" pick up fee of $100 has been reversed.

I was also charged $25 "will call" fee for me to pick up at terminal/ hold on dock. I just let that go as a learning lesson.

I feel that freight quote.com / CH Robinson have been good to work with. They gave me over 6 carriers to choose from.

Central Transport with yellow trucks and trailers will never see me again. My advise is to avoid them like the "swift" trucks on the road....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Wes as that is exactly what I need and the aerial shot is icing on the cake.

Yes, I made the mistake booking Central. They have tried to screw me on the weight but there is a clear label showing the weight of the item. I disputed that and now this bs. Hindsight, I would have booked another carrier.

Be Aware of Central Transport! They are yellow trucks and trailers! These folks are different than Central Freight which is a different company.
Marty had yellow freight overbill a pallet for 485lbd
Well a sharply worded email and a picture has resolved the dispute.

The weight charges & "inspection" charges have been reversed to the "original" weight quoted. The "inside" pick up fee of $100 has been reversed.

I was also charged $25 "will call" fee for me to pick up at terminal/ hold on dock. I just let that go as a learning lesson.

I feel that freight quote.com / CH Robinson have been good to work with. They gave me over 6 carriers to choose from.

Central Transport with yellow trucks and trailers will never see me again. My advise is to avoid them like the "swift" trucks on the road....
I go thru Uship LTL to see what different companies can do it for. I have good luck with road runner freight. Yellow freight charges a delivery appointment fee for folks that dont have a business address and have it delivered.

Some freight companies are scandalous. Yellow freight is one of them. They charge 90$ to relabel a pallet if delivery is refused by someone. pfft

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know what Carriers are thieves.

In my Napa Warehouse Manager days down here, R&L, Roadway, and Saia were good carriers that did my outbounds that did not go on NAPA corporate trucks.

reset2

Did a load out today at Chambersburg. The GovPlanet load operator was a good guy. He even brought it out with the loader and set it right down on my hook. I brought the correct pintle hitch with chains on a 5kw gen set with trailer. Did not have lights since my truck tail lights were clear to see. Always check you wheel hubs. By the time I got back the right one was much warmer than the left. Pretty much the GP pictures were just what I bought. Need to get some batteries and get this thing running.

MEP802aCL.jpg

Amcogroup

Can anyone recommend options for getting (9) items from the Outdoor Yard (4647 Sunset Pike) over to the warehouse at 2801 WCN Drive?
I have a full truckload shipment of items with the majority at WCN Drive but all the carriers are telling me they wont pickup at two locations...
Willing to pay to get the items shuttled over from outdoor yard to WCN.
Any help, contacts, advice is appreciated

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just make 2 shipments with the same carrier that will cost less than someone moving it all. And schedule it on the same day.

They pickup from the outdoor yard all the time

If it's yellow freight they have a drop trailer at the warehouse ever Tuesday and Thursday it's picked up

Amcogroup

Just make 2 shipments with the same carrier that will cost less than someone moving it all. And schedule it on the same day.

They pickup from the outdoor yard all the time

If it's yellow freight they have a drop trailer at the warehouse ever Tuesday and Thursday it's picked up
Ya I tried that already and unfortunately since its an FTL shipment and not LTL from PA to FL the carriers want to charge 2 FTL rates if I go the route you suggested.

In total I have 27 Pallets between the 2 Chambersburg locations and the 9 in the outdoor yard are causing me a lot of problems to get picked up and shuttled to the warehouse to combine with the other 18 currently at the warehouse :(

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chambersburg WCN drive has been a nightmare for me. i had items at the outside yard and WCN did not know they were 2 locations so my uship was willing to pick up at both, but could not get an appointment for 1 1/2 weeks at WCN, so had to schedule freight with YFC they went there today and did not pick up because the item was not available. I had sent all of the Release and BOL, called GOV planet said the items had to also be emailed to the ware house. so next appointment another 1 1/2 weeks away 3 way call with YRC and Customer care and now they say all paper work must be sent to the warehouse 48 hours in advance trying again to pick up on the 13th this is crazy. Have had experiences with 5 different yards and nothing like this. my LMTV picked up with 2 hours notice from a yard in Texas thats only open 3 days a week with no problem. I will not be buying from PA anymore after this

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Chambersburg WCN drive has been a nightmare for me. i had items at the outside yard and WCN did not know they were 2 locations so my uship was willing to pick up at both, but could not get an appointment for 1 1/2 weeks at WCN, so had to schedule freight with YFC they went there today and did not pick up because the item was not available. I had sent all of the Release and BOL, called GOV planet said the items had to also be emailed to the ware house. so next appointment another 1 1/2 weeks away 3 way call with YRC and Customer care and now they say all paper work must be sent to the warehouse 48 hours in advance trying again to pick up on the 13th this is crazy. Have had experiences with 5 different yards and nothing like this. my LMTV picked up with 2 hours notice from a yard in Texas thats only open 3 days a week with no problem. I will not be buying from PA anymore after this
Yrc has a drop trailer at the wcn warehouse. It is picked up on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
i sent it to the email address i was given today gpeastshipping@ritchiebros.com first time i have ever been told at one of these sites that they were not allowed to give out any contact information. i have always had a name and contact number
Randee should answer your email as received. You just send the BOL and release form to that email and they can get it done the same day to go.

Yrc still has a trailer there. Their customer service Is just clueless.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randee should answer your email as received. You just send the BOL and release form to that email and they can get it done the same day to go.

Yrc still has a trailer there. Their customer service Is just clueless.
yrc said they would be glad to pick it up early i had a 3 way call with yrc and gov planet. just a miserable experience

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

birddog1148

I won my first item this week and need to make pick up plans. Its a S250 shelter at the 4647 Sunset Pike address address. I will be hauling it in a M1101 trailer. When I paid I printed out an "Item Release" Does this mean I can go pick it up? And will the load it or at least get it to where I can use a strap and come-along to pull it on? Sorry for stupid basic questions, I am a rookie.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Item Release is all you need to go retrieve it... print two copies and email it to yourself in case it grows wings on the drive! The Chambersburg yard guys have historically been helpful in getting anything Ive bought, where it needs to go on my truck or trailer. Can't speak to a shelter, but I am sure they will do what they can to help. If its has lifting rings anywhere on it, they have the equipment to put it exactly where you want quick and easily!

birddog1148

The Item Release is all you need to go retrieve it... print two copies and email it to yourself in case it grows wings on the drive! The Chambersburg yard guys have historically been helpful in getting anything Ive bought, where it needs to go on my truck or trailer. Can't speak to a shelter, but I am sure they will do what they can to help. If its has lifting rings anywhere on it, they have the equipment to put it exactly where you want quick and easily!
Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks