• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004a no fault lights working plus more

KLChurch

OK
I'm in process of reinstalling.
In an hour Ill everything back together.
My dogs wont even go outside.
Not your fault. Got to be done
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
Rudyard Kipling once wrote, " "Only the devils and the English walk to and fro without reason. . . .and we walk as though we were mad - or English."

It's "Mad dogs and Englishmen", and it's the title of a famous song by Noel Coward, satirising the unwillingness of English people to adopt the custom of taking a siesta during the heat of the day in tropical climates.

Most people think Kipling said it, but they are wrong. There is reason to believe that Coward get his thoughts from Kipling.

Yes, the Germans fit right in with it!

KLChurch

Sorry it took so long but a monsoon came thru and cooled everything off.
Put everything back together and tested #1 and #3 for continuity.
No battery hitched up and stop position = continuity
Battery hitched up in stop and run = continuity
Start mode = No continuity

KLChurch

Siestas are necessary. I just don't know how are troupes made it with their gear in the middle east. Look at their enemies , they wore designer sheets.
I spent 6 years in South america and they taught me how to live. Those were precious times. Siestas and all. Great people. I just wish I could go back there and live. But the politicians are stealing all the money and food so you cannot live there. The innocent people are pasivist so they dont know how to fight. So they are screwed.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
I have been helping a guy from Venezuela keep his gen sets up. He has been telling me about what a pig sty its become. What a shame.

OK, next step. Run mode. Test for 24 VDC at TB101-1&2, (wires P40, P40B, P40F, P40J, P40K, P40D) . Got voltage?

Then test at TB1-5, (wires P40, P40P, P40X, P40R). Got VDC?

Then wire P40R goes to S2-11 and wire P40X goes to DS8. That's the air restriction light. Do a push to test. Lights up? Then we have power there. Not light up? Then test at DS8 pin 3. The light bulb may be burnt out.

KLChurch

TB101 #1 Tested hot at #5 and #10 in run mode. Ground was on #1
TB101 #2 Tested hot at #5 and #10 in run mode. ground was on #2
TB101 #5 Tested all hot except #9 No wire connected. Red was on #5

The other test I dont understand but will to try to.
Kris

KLChurch

I've too have been helping my friends in Vens. Its hard to get supplies to them because the gov keeps cutting off the routs. Been doing this for 15 years.

KLChurch

You cant give them money because it will be worthless by the time they can use it. So the best thing is send goods like dry goods (Rice and beens) toilet paper (Major item) soap (major item) shampoo (major item) dried milk ( major item). ECt just like you would send to our troops oversees.
Kris

Guyfang

Staff member
Put the set in the run mode. Test from ground to TB1-10. You should have 24VDC. If so, place the set in the stop mode.
Go to TB1-10. Remove wire number P45D. Bend it away from the terminal. Then take off the J6/P6 (cannon plug) to the A9, (fault indicator). Find pin A. Test ohms from wire P45D to pin A on the P6. This is where the positive VDC should come into the A9. Do you get continuity?

KLChurch

Put the set in the run mode. Test from ground to TB1-10. You should have 24VDC. (YES)
If so, place the set in the stop mode. (did that)
Go to TB1-10. Remove wire number P45D. Bend it away from the terminal. Then take off the J6/P6 (cannon plug) to the A9, (fault indicator). Find pin A. Test ohms from wire P45D to pin A on the P6. This is where the positive VDC should come into the A9.
Do you get continuity? (YES)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks