• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank salvage yard in Iraq.

Tascabe

Lonesome715 - suppose I could convince you to pull some parts off the UAZs sitting there?

tow hooks, pintle - basic stuff that should be no problem with customs.

Are there a lot of UAZs sitting in that lot or just the one?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much is it to ship items from the sandbox to USA? I might be able to use a couple front shackle mounts off that junker deuce, they should fit in a flat rate box, but not sure if you guys can use that method of shipping.

Lonesome715

I use the USPS, but FedEx and DHL are also there.

As long and the box wieghs less than 70LBS and is smaller than I think 70 inches, I can send it home. I have already sent several different types of tow hooks and mounts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need the following items, if you can find them on any deuces there:

pair of front shackle mounts
good used PTO off a winch deuce
winch/PTO handle (sticks through floor of cab to engage winch)

also, if there are any junker M35A3s there in the yard (I doubt it, but who knows), I need a pair of rear springpak tiedown lunettes. They look like this:

Attachments

Lonesome715

I'll need a photo of eveything you need. I will not be back unitl next month but I will see what I can do. There is only one Deuce from what I can remember and it was pretty well stripped.

kcimb

Lonesome715 said:
I use the USPS, but FedEx and DHL are also there.

As long and the box wieghs less than 70LBS and is smaller than I think 70 inches, I can send it home. I have already sent several different types of tow hooks and mounts.
Don't they frown on sending home truck parts/large metal objects?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I shipped home quite a few things since they had days when you could go into DRMO and haul out anything you wanted from a huge lot of items in a roped off area. What I did was grab cases of items and when I went to post office I would give some to the postal Soldiers who never got free to go the give aways. They always liked to see me coming with boxes